England - Football

SG I've read this morning of ENGLISH SUPPORTERS.critisizing their own side. We have had more than our fair share of abuse from English supporters.  It wasn't our fault that the so-called fans caused so much trouble. Fact is no matter what took place during the match on both sides Italy won and England lost. I feel sick with Italians thinking we are all alike. 

Enough now of all this hatred .

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done the girls, some of the overpaid fairies in the men's game should take note of how you conduct yourselves. You are a credit to your sport.

European Champions Congratulations fo the England ladies!

Apparently the badge for England Women is Three Irons.      

Well said nonnaB   

when the Red men went over to Malmo to play them for the Europen cup Not sure if I have the right cup. Clough warned all the FOREST Fan's if they did not behave then he would disown them and they will never be let into the City ground again. 

But you see Brian Clough was like a God to the Forest fan's we would have done anything for him, but it worked their was no fighting, no swearing (because of children being there) no racial abuse. ect. not say that  none of us had a few drinks but we all got on with the other fans.

It was nice afterwards because CLOUGH GAVE PRAISE TO ALL FANS ON BOTH SIDES.

so if the Forest fans can do it why can't others?

NonnaB I wasn’t blaming the Italian football team for the trouble at the match or after that is solely the responsibility of the idiots that caused it. Neither am I disputing the fact that Italy became euro champions. What I was pointing out was the derogatory headlines in some newspapers abroad belittling our national team and, in some respects, the majority of the English fans who are law abiding and just wanted their team to win. 
As a I said I am not a particular football fan so if England didn’t win it made no difference to me who won at all. I would think most England fans will rejoice in the resurgence of our young team who, hopefully, will only get better as they mature and we can do without the snide headlines from some (European) newspapers. Yes we get behind the team and dream of success but don’t all football fans, there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps we do go a bit “over the top” sometimes but who does it hurt? No doubt it will be the same next year when the World Cup begins, it has become part of being English almost.  I am proud to be English and do not apologise for that. I do wonder if England had won if Italy’s football team would have got the same kind of headlines? Once again it was the headlines I was dismayed at not any other team or country. 
As to hatred, I don’t waste my time on that have too much to do and enjoy to bother with that. Unfortunately there are always the few who ruin it for everyone else in all countries not just England. 
 I hope you took my last line of the post as the tongue in cheek, but I do think the three English lions are awake and long may they be so.englandflag

• Like 1

Mary its got to that stage that its no fun for serious people. Personally I think that the clubs should start making some tough rules for hooligan behaviour.

(A bit like Macron if they don't get the vaccine they don't go anywhere) A bit tough but it wouls make them think twice about creating chaos.

SG I understand what you say and I dont take offence but when the population puts you in the same bucket as those hooloigan yobs( because that is what they are) its not pleasant to think that they think we are all the same. Without doubt Italian newspapers are all out to get you but thats what sells. As for the italians , if they had come second, I doubt very much the resulting comments would be the same.  Take a look at the italian tennis player. Italy was determined he was going to win. He proudly showed his trophy and said it was an honor to have played and he also congratulated the winner.

Anyway I think these posts should come to an end before I start to get an inferiority complex.. I too,wish the best to the young English players especially the youngest of them. When the game was over the england team looked so forlorn and disappointed, I felt so sorry for them and when the penalties failed I could have wept for them. It was tragic to see such young ones fail. But as a lot have said they will grow and become more expert.

• 4 months later...

San Marino 0  England 10....................Watched most of it cos nowt else on........despite 10 goals what a boring game (nearly said Match)........San Marino population about 30.000 same as Bulwell and roughly same size..........

Think my old Park Tavern would have got same score..........

4 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

San Marino 0 England 10

Ben, seems to be a lot of comments on football sites saying it was a waste of time and calling for a handicap system! Perhaps England should only play with 7 players or the smaller international clubs should have their own competition (winner gets to play with the big boys)... gotta laugh.

IMO England just did what they had to do and until FIFA grow some this is how it will continue.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 5/31/2016 at 9:13 PM, radfordred said:

Rashford is heading to the Euros! Hodgson's 23-man England squad.

CjyXTzAUUAE7Kl1.jpg

Did a double take then , Marcus rashford , for a moment  no22  Radfordred !!

• 2 weeks later...

Is that so they can steam through the opposition, if they're pressed for time.

Sorry CT, couldn't resist it.   B.

Mmmm interesting, my husband does all the ironing in our house. Down to being 22 years in the army, no little woman did your ironing for you there. He’s far better than me anyway

What sir needs is an ironing fairy like ours. I throw things into a basket and lo and behold before too long they reappear in cupboards and drawers  nicely cleaned and ironed. I think it must be a relation to the fridge fairy, the one who magically refills things in the fridge when required.

• Like 1

Margie I enjoy ironing as I can listen to music and time soon passes, in summer I have an extension lead and I am on the patio making most of the weather listening to music whilst doing the ironing. My wife hates me doing the ironing as she will not iron  everything , but thats her choice. When I do it which is quite often if its been washed it will be ironed. 

Last time I ironed anything there was a frazzle, smoke and nasty smell.

Took a while to clean the iron and the ironing pad was ruined.

I didn't know that you could not iron acrylic (or something?) sox.

That was almost 60 years ago - been banned ever since :rolleyes: That was my second triumph as a married man :cool:

• Like 1

PeverilPeril. Did you do that ironing mishap on purpose? If so, you’ve lasted a long while without being found out, good on ya.

and the first triumph was ?

11 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

That was almost 60 years ago - been banned ever since :rolleyes: That was my second triumph as a married man :cool:

Makes yer  feel proud dunnit...  ;)