Thought I'd start this because of a post Kev posted on FB..

Here's one I learned years ago, instead of having paint cans with lids that don't fit from dried up paint, punch the groove where the lid fits in with a nail, punch about six to eight holes with a nail.

When you wipe the excess paint from your brush on the can, the paint will drip through the holes.

One on the post Kev posted was to clean plastic headlight lenses on your car, use toothpaste!! I thought that was a good tip.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dry cleaning is expensive, give your clothes to a charity shop and they will clean them. Then buy them back, it works out cheaper.

Turn an old phone book into a useful personal address book . Simply cross out the names of the people you don't know !

If you have trouble threading a needle, hold the needle over a piece of white paper or card and the eye will be more clear.

If you have a long piece of plywood to cut and no long straight edge to mark it, use a chalk line!

Never wipe your ar53 with a broken bottle.

I must admit that one or two of those ideas were really good, some were a load of baloney too ............LOL

Need a hole in glass?...(as long as it's not quarter plate)

Form putty or similar on the glass in an inverted V shape with a hole in the middle exposing the glass...like a mini volcano.

Melt some lead in an old spoon over the gas...pour into the 'volcano'...it will drop straight through taking the glass with it.

Mind your feet aren't underneath at the time.

Turn an old phone book into a useful personal address book .

Simply cross out the names of the people you don't know !

• Upvote 3

If you have a long piece of plywood to cut and no long straight edge to mark it, use a chalk line!

And if you want a short piece of plywood, get a long piece and cut it. :) :) :)

• Upvote 2

Before heading to the seaside for your holidays carefully dismantle your green house and take it with you, reassemble on the beach , turn it upside down, voila a glass bottomed boat!

• Upvote 1

Yeah but!! How do you keep your hand still enough to get that ships rope through the eye??? LOL

Summat I've not been able to do, is work that one out yet...LOL

Just remember It's easy to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to score "Like this" points on Nottstalgia, or something like that.

• Upvote 1

Quite true but, you can't sew your trouser bottoms up with a camel (not without leaving a few humps in the turn ups)

Rog

Don't throw away that leaking hot-water bottle .

Cut the top third of the front off and make 2 slits in the back so that you can thread a belt through it .

Voila....... a really useful tool belt . None of the other guys on the building site will laugh and you will look really macho ....honest :-)

(I actually just saw this tip today in a book in a charity shop ! )

Can't you bunch of nobs come up with better than this stuff. Surely you must have some tips or short cuts to pass on. :glare: I thought at least Beefy would have some tips about skinning Sabre Tooth Tigers.

I have loads of good tips , most of them sharpened, and they involve doing drastic things to rude people with said sharp tips!

• Upvote 1

Could'nt wish to meet a nicer chap,with or without sharpened sticks, you could skin a sabre toothed tiger with tools from the water bottle tool bag

Rog

Old inner tubes make strong rubber bands when cut up, hundreds too.