Australia's on fire again

I beg to differ Bilboro...But here's a list of active volcanoes as of today..I don't know where you get your information from...Daily Mail???

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/erupting_volcanoes.html

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same problem down here in Victoria, bazza (#2). The burn-offs are either restricted or the smokies are too frightened to do preventative burn-offs due to a few getting out of control and leaving the

Forest fires are a natural feature in Oz and have always happened, either caused by man or by dry lightning strikes..I recall country fire departments dreaded lightning storms during summer, so climat

These people are cranks?????? You have got to be joking surely?? A hint of what the upcoming report contains: “I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for

There are always active volcanos but nothing on the scale of Mt St Helens.

What do you mean by denigrating? It's YOU that is flying in the face of 97% of climate scientists. It's YOU that chooses to believe without proof.

I don't know how you can do that without laughing.

It was only 50 years ago scientists jumped on the climate cooling bandwagon and saying we were on our way to a mini ice age, thousands of the buggers were giving dire warnings we were all going to freeze to death within a few years...WELL!!

The majority of "private enterprise" scientists, those that don't have taxpayer funding that is, are laughing their heads off at man made global warming hoaxes, in fact many are saying the REAL facts show temperatures are dropping worldwide, the oceans are NOT rising as forecast, plenty of evidence they are actually dropping..The north polar icecap has record growth, icelands icecap is growing too.

All evidence is showing global cooling!! AND take no notice of computer predictions, computers behave as the programmers want them to behave...BS in BS out.

I named one of the most credible climate scientists many post back, she was the first woman to gain a Phd in meteorology, she has written many papers and just laughs at her peers who claim we are all going to die of heat exhaustion if we don't stop burning coal, oil etc...

Even the UN's meeting in Poland by the worlds best climatologists have urged the UN to get off this fairy tale bandwagon and stop funding false climate change research.

As several scientists have stated, the problem now is, those who made the claims are so far in the muck, their reputations will be in doubt if they back down now...... Plus most will lose their very highly paid government research jobs......

Like I said years ago....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY....

• Upvote 1

Interesting article.

Did you read down to the paragraph where in 1976 a Time magazine article was headed The Worlds Climate Unpredictable. At that time some scientists were arguing for a mini ice age caused by the use of aerosols, and some were arguing for global warming caused by Co2.

Same today some argue for man made global warming, some argue for natural climate change. The difference being that now thanks to the internet the man in the street can do his research and come to his own conclusions if he can be bothered.

Personally I would like to be able to discount all scientists funded by governments, friends of the earth, greenpeace, oil companies, energy companies etc. But that's a big ask and is proving difficult.

Freon was banned because of flawed research by the patent owner.......Just before their patent ran out too..... They lobbied the US Congress on the grounds their product was damaging the ozone layer.....

Still it stopped some rivals from making Freon a lot cheaper and making a killing...

Now we have some crap stuff that's basically useless below a certain temperature and inefficient too....

Global Warming Hoax Ended: NASA Verifies Necessity of CO2

NASA_symbol.jpg

by Ethan Huff

(Health Secrets) Just about everything you have been told by the mainstream scientific community and the media about the alleged threat from greenhouse gases, and particularly carbon dioxide, appears to be false, says new data compiled by NASA’s Langley Research Center. It turns out that all those atmospheric greenhouse gases that Al Gore and all the other global warming proponents have long claimed are overheating and destroying our planet are in fact cooling it, based on the latest evidence.

As reported by Principia Scientific International (PSI), Martin Mlynczak and his colleagues over at NASA tracked infrared emissions from the earth’s upper atmosphere during and following a recent solar storm that took place between March 8-10 of this year. What they found was that the vast majority of energy released from the sun during this immense coronal mass ejection (CME) was reflected back up into space rather than deposited into earth’s lower atmosphere.

The result was an overall cooling effect that completely contradicts claims made by NASA’s own climatology division that greenhouse gases are a cause of global warming. As illustrated by data collected using Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry (SABER), both carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), which are abundant in the earth’s upper atmosphere, greenhouse gases reflect heating energy rather than absorb it.

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” says James Russell from Hampton University, who was one of the lead investigators for the groundbreaking SABER study. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”

Almost all ‘heating’ radiation generated by sun is blocked from entering lower atmosphere by CO

Read more, http://alignlife.com/articles/news/global-warming-hoax-ended-nasa-verifies-action-of-co2/

Now there you go, we are heading into a mini ice age, I had an idea the scientists would find a way to save their hides from ridicule over man made global warming....LOL....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439701/Now-get-ready-for-an-Ice-Age-as-experts-warn-of-Siberian-winter-ahead

Unpredictable my arse!

Check the graph at #44 which shows we are in a predicted decline in global temperature until 2019...

Check the predictions in #60 for colder weather in the years ahead.

Check the other climactic data provided on this and other web sites from creditable sources, including NASA.

The graph at #44 virtually matches the findings of an Iceland ice core taken:-

greenland_temps1.png

....and a 10,000 years old Greenland sample shows the same weather patterns:-

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=iceland+ice+core&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YnxxUt2aGc6FkwWY-oGAAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=888#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=rACyZcD1VC-LvM%3A%3BkBrHNmke3EnjeM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fc3headlines.typepad.com%252F.a%252F6a010536b58035970c0128776c5688970c-pi%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.c3headlines.com%252Fice-core-data%252Fpage%252F4%252F%3B1018%3B1025

It gets worse for some.

Arctic ice has increased some 29% this year and that's equivalent to 533,000 sq miles and the refreeze has not yet started. Only one ship (a bulk carrier) has made through the North West Passage this year. This is after the Arctic was predicted to be ice free by 2013.

Governments around the world are demanding an emergency meeting of the IPCC after a leaked report by the same organisation has led scientists to claim we are in a period of global cooling and will be till the middle of this century.

NewBasfordlad..........exactly as predicted (#44&60) and the Arctic ice cap pictures (courtesy of NASA) posted on this thread.

Yet we still have people out there spouting off that the opposite is going to happen.....reminds me of the flat earth, the moon is made of cheese and man was never meant to fly brigades. Amusing to listen to as they spruiked from their soapboxes on a Sunday morning in the park but, after a while their ramblings and inane rhetoric gets boring and they lose their audiences rapidly.

Then again, could global warming be creating the cooling which is creating the gales and the storms and the floods and the bushfires or was it the NUCLEAR BOMB that is initially responsible?

Look what happened in 1947 in Nottingham - big floods.........and when was the first Bomb dropped?

My Gran used to say the weather had changed since the BOMB was dropped and I believed her - anything wrong with the weather or even life in general and she blamed the BOMB.

My Gran knew these things. slywink

Only 3% agree with that view. There are probably about 8% who are total crackpots. One cool winter in the arctic means about as much as one warm summer in the UK. So what? Why do you insist on believing the crackpots when there is no evidence other than a few graphs that look like they were made in a junior school. You simply CHOOSE to believe it because it's trendy to do so.

The Canadian Coast Guard closed the north west passage early this year as it was already icing up in early Autumn.... The earliest they closed it in years..

I personally don't mind the Global Warming brigade having their say. What I do object to is the way some of them denigrate anyone who has a different opinion. That's why I use the term Nazi, I find it suits them well after all they believed everything their God Hitler told them.

I suppose the problem could be err ...........no I won't lower myself down to their level.

Colin

It is surprising how some misguided individuals persist in their diatribe in the face of scientific evidence. Even when that evidence is placed before them, they deny it.

Similar to those that deny the Holocaust happened.

The sooner such idiots either shut up, learn to appreciate that other people have views contrary to theirs and a right to stand by those views or, preferably, go elsewhere to peddle their guff; the better this Forum will be.

In closing my participation on this particular topic, I provide yet another scientific paper which clearly debunks global warming:- http://www.appinsys.com/globalwarming/RS_Greenland.htm and leave you with this quote posted by Nottstalgia Administrator mick2me back in August this year:-

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

It is surprising how some misguided individuals persist in their diatribe in the face of scientific evidence. Even when that evidence is placed before them, they deny it.

It's worked well enough for organised religion for hundreds of years.

Well I don't know where certain people were educated but they need to go and make a serious complaint. Not only did their teachers fail to produce an enquiring mind they failed to teach about the seasons and also failed to teach how to read and absorb a post, oh and geography.

Re#67 Everyone else understands that the Arctic is in the northern hemisphere and has therefore just had a very cold SUMMER, winter and the refreeze is only just starting.

And to use your own terminology, you dare to lecture others.

Oh we've started nitpicking have we? An enquiring mind is one that understands how science works, and doesn't jump on the latest bandwagon.

97% of climate scientists agree - but you choose to follow the 2% that can't make up their mind and the 1% that are authors making big bucks out of the feeble minded.

Do you believe in science? Big Bang, evolution, climate change?

Or do you prefer God made the world, creationism and anti climate change conspiracy theory?

Which is it? Science or quackery. Take your pick folks. (but you can't mix and match cuz science doesn't work like that.)