If I find it I will post me wedding photo,

The girls at work enjoyed a good laff at the look on my face.

I got a dozen red roses fer tomorrow (Tesco)

Pot Plant (Wilko's)

and Valentine Card (Wilko's)

Who says romance is dead?

You certainly know how to push the boat out Mick, Seriously though, I think that valentines day is just another money spinning gimmick dreamt up many years ago by those who want to make money out of us soft folk. If you can't show your love to your better half every single day, and have to have one day set aside to express your love, well what can I say! :Friends:

It's a bit strange thinking about Valentines day when i feel like it's still my birthday hearteyes but I got my sweetheart a box card with Ostrich feathers on it............very romantic !yowza!

• 11 years later...

Took the one I treasure and adore for a romantic seven course meal. I reckon the bruises will take about a week to go...

What's wrong with a bag of chips and a six pack anyway?

• Upvote 1

Doe's Valentines day not work both ways? should not us ladies buy the men a present?  mind you did not get master any thing, we are just content with Love!!

• Upvote 1

NBL, we don't do Valentines Day either, although we do eat a few chocolates together....... but there again, we quite often do that anyway!   I don't need a special day to show and tell Paul how much I love him after nearly 51 years together.... (and the same is true for him).  We are going away for a couple of nights from tomorrow, though, but that is a just a celebration of his being completely over his illness now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Wouldn't normally bother with Valentines Day, been married too long to fuss about it, but our two sons gave us a really lovely Christmas present  ...... 2 tickets to see Jersey Boys at the Piccadilly Theatre in the West End and a night in a very nice hotel. 

We've had a really fabulous night and I was singing along to all the songs. What a great decade the 60s was to be a teenager, I knew all the words!!  Walked back to the hotel, even late at night London is really buzzing, Nottingham is like a sleepy backwater compared to down 'ere. 

Just had to add though ...... £36 for 4 glasses of Merlot in the theatre bar!

tasted no better than the Roebuck either

• Upvote 4

#17  I'm with you on the Valentines day thing Margie.  Some of it comes from England.  My first wife and I never did the valentines day thing and never missed it.  Here in the USA I think it is generally made more of so you're in bigger trouble if you miss it.

Actually I did get Janet (Mrs Loppy) a card with a big Beagle on it but I didn't get a gift.  She's not into chocolates and I often buy her a bunch of flowers when I go out to the store.  I often take her out to eat as well.  She bought me some Crunchy bars.  Special ordered from the UK.  Made me feel even more of a heel.  Oh well!  You win some you lose some.  :rolleyes:

Jill #10.  Jake and Bailey can do no wrong so the doghouse is never crowded.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Re #60. I was fortunate enough to see The Jersey Boys show a year or so ago, and was totally enthralled at the brilliant singing, the wonderful songwriting, the fascinating storyline and listening to the fantastic songs which instantly rekindled memories of times long past. Times of freshness, innocence and embarking on new paths in life. Glad you enjoyed it LizzieM.

• 1 year later...
On 13 February 2006 at 5:25 PM, mick2me said:

If I find it I will post me wedding photo,

You found it yet @mick2me ? 

I always liked a proper handmade Valentines card, shoved though your door, no stamp, with just your name on ................ except if you was in prison :crazy:

• Upvote 2

Valentine day ? think its great when done proper,,, its supposed to be from secret admirers,,,..........still got some from school days.......used to send em to girls at school (unsigned) i'm sure they loved them,,........and when a grown up gets one.....it must make their day........i'd love to get one,,,,,,lol

Bit of flirty fun......you never too old for that.......:rolleyes: