Just acquired one of these

I've wanted one for some time got it from one of those "retro" shops here in Loughborough for £9.....Bargain

Cristened yesterday......................I made some risoles from the leftovers of Sunday's joint :)

kcmincer5.jpg

Hi Bubblewrap,

I think just about every family owned one of those when i was growing up in the 1950s, I remember seeing one attached to the kitchen table edge; watching both Mam and Grandma using theirs. It doesn't look as if the design has altered either. Happy Mincing :)

I remember helping Mum make mince with one of these, and I "inherited" one from my mother in law which saw years of extra service. thumbsup

We have a mincing/grinder attachment for our kitchen centre, damned if I can locate the cutters or I'd make mesen some potted beef!!

Used to be the winder person for my gran and great aunt when they made potted meat with the left over meat from Sunday lunch.

I must have been around 5-6 but remember it well.

I note the Chinese are now producing the exact machine as I saw some in a kitchen store recently. Wonder if they will survive as long as the originals.

A little story my Hubbs just told me.

When he was a lad his mam used to make Faggots, and one day whilst cleaning her mincer; she couldn't find part of the mechanism (a washer) expecting to find it some where in the sink or the floor, anyway she forgot all about it. :huh:

Later whilst having their tea, Guess who found it? My husband was munching away when he bit something hard in his Faggots and Peas and there it was! the missing piece. Glad he found it before he ate it and not afterwards. :unsure: I don't think i would fancy the home made Faggots anymore. :rolleyes:

Mick, have you p'raps confused the mincer with a washing line?

Had one of these mincers for a wedding present in 1968 (ya din't gerra lot in them days) and still use it, though it was state of the art back then and instead of a clamp, uses a suction pad. How posh is that then ?

A little story my Hubbs just told me.

When he was a lad his mam used to make Faggots, and one day whilst cleaning her mincer; she couldn't find part of the mechanism (a washer) expecting to find it some where in the sink or the floor, anyway she forgot all about it. :huh:

Later whilst having their tea, Guess who found it? My husband was munching away when he bit something hard in his Faggots and Peas and there it was! the missing piece. Glad he found it before he ate it and not afterwards. :unsure: I don't think i would fancy the home made Faggots anymore. :rolleyes:

Faggots, Mincers.................not very PC I'm afraid