Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me to locate an address from the 1881 census,

I am working on my Family tree and one of my ancestors was a boarder at 44,Milk Square: Civil Parish of St Mary; Sub Reg St

Ann; Reg District Nottm. I have never heard of Milk Square, so can any one tell me where this place would be? I would be grateful

for any help.

:)

Thank you very much for the map. We are coming to Nottingham on Thursday for the meet up and i will enjoy looking the Milk Square up. Would you know if that map shows the area as it is today, only so much of the City as changed since i lived there and i could be walking round in circles looking for some where that is no longer around. Thank you again. :)

Thank you Poohbear, Very kind of you to research for me. You have saved our little legs a lot of walking. I am sorry i took so long to reply but i clicked the wrong key and lost Nottstalga! For some reason i couldn't get back on again, the sign kept coming on saying..This Website not available!. I'm back now so thank you again.

And another bit.

This is a Picture the Past photo of Crank Court which was off Milk Street and can be seen on poohbear's map at post #3. Gives you an idea of what Milk Court probably looked like.

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM000390&prevUrl=

I'd go to the pub Carni...there's nothing of interest left there.It's all commercial premises now. Few of us have the luck to find ancestors houses still standing...

I got lucky....North Sherwood Street is unrecognisable now with new properties nearly all of the way up,just a few old houses left....and lo and behold one was my Great Grandads. :biggrin: ...not often we find that nowadays.

Yes, i know what you mean about most of the places disappearing, The area around Alfred St, Robin Hood Chase, Major St and St Anns Well Road are where my Mam and all her family lived, I have many happy memories in those area's from my childhood. But most of the ancestors i am researching at the moment are on my father's side and they were mainly, Carlton, Snienton, Colwick and Netherfield people, I have found some of the out of town addresses still standing.Thank you all for your tips.

thumbsup

carnie i think the flat roof buiding is or was the unison offices went there once or twice for meetings when i was working city council.