Miracles shall never cease

In years gone by the St Ann's Well was a site of pilgrimage for the sick, the halt and the lame. They came from near and far to drink the curative waters.

It seems that after many, many years the well's healing powers are once again being manifested in the area.

This afternoon I happened to be taking a short cut round the back of the mosque. The blue badges were much in evidence down the double yellow lines. And remarkably those who had been unable to walk into the mosque were returning to their cars as fit as fiddles.

But this was not the miracle. No it was the conspicuous absence of a parking attendant to hand out fines to the many cars without a valid ticket. And, from personal experience, I know that the City Council is not averse to opportunism when it comes to dishing out parking fines.

Talking to an attendant I learned, off the record, that the city operates a very "sensitive" policy in this area on Thursdays and Fridays. Perhaps I should get in touch with St Mary's and see if their congregation can't get the same discretion on Sundays.

• Upvote 5

bamber we live in forest fields just round the corner from several mosques and temples and on a friday when a lot of them are at servises the parking is atrosious do we ever see a parking attendant on thoses days no we dont on other days they are always aroundand very quick to book people its almost imposibleto get out or in on a friday between 1 pm and 4 pm i dont have a problem parking as i have a blue badgeon other days but if we go out on a friday we are lucky if we can get back in outside the house if we get back before about 4pm some times they double park so no one can pass. or stop in the middle of the rd talking to one another no body ever says anything to them

It's called discrimination and you should ALL be screaming it from the "highest hills" What's good for one crowd is good for all crowds!!!

• Upvote 1

I know which side would be arrested!!!!

• Upvote 2

The locals ate the last one!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

It's any organised religion which gets special treatment.

The whole length of Maid Marion Way is double yellow lines - no parking at any time. And yet if you drive past St Nicholas' church on a Sunday evening around 7pm, you can hardly move for cars parked on the double yellow lines. They don't seem to get tickets either.

I doubt many of them are muslims.

It's any organised religion which gets special treatment.

The whole length of Maid Marion Way is double yellow lines - no parking at any time. And yet if you drive past St Nicholas' church on a Sunday evening around 7pm, you can hardly move for cars parked on the double yellow lines. They don't seem to get tickets either.

I doubt many of them are muslims.

The Good Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform, ...............either that or it's the will of Allah!!