Severe storm heading our way.

Dont know if anyone has heard but i storm of severe intensity is forming in the Atlantic and heading our way. Met office are saying it could be on pary with the storm of 1987 and the burns day storm of 1990. They are not yet sure of where it will strike directly all they can say is midlands and south. More than likly tracking from Cornwall in a straight line including over Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.

My all time favorite for headlines was "Land Rights for Gay Whales, how will you vote?"

Don't know about the weather up there, but it's pretty stoopid down here at present. Only five weeks to the start of our Summer and I am still running the heating. Average daytime temp over the last few weeks has been about 13 degC, and overnight about 9 degC. It should be in the low twenties - both.

Bring it on, we will cope!

You get four seasons in one day Alison..

We've been 15 degrees below average now for the last few days and nights...... Very unusual for late October, I'm used to being in shorts and tee shirt right into November, but not this year, much colder than normal.

Yes, but all we are getting right now is one - Winter. Washed and put away all my Winter jumpers five weeks ago, then took them all out again.

One Christmas when I went down to Victoria to spend it with my cousin, there was snow in the high country!...He was working a fire watch tower on one of the peaks in East Gippsland, so I said I'd take some lunch up to him plus a couple of cold tinnies.

It was around 32 at the house, so bloody hot, I got on the trail bike in shorts, tees shirt and was wearing me trusty Japanese workboots!! I got higher and higher on the logging trail and it was getting cooler and cooler...When I arrived at the tower, it was freezing!!!!

Wasn't bad in the tower, and you could see out as far as Bairnsdale on the coast, heavy clouds were heading in... I was getting pretty cold so headed back down the mountain, got warmer and warmer until back at the house where it was now mid 30's.

About an hour later my Cuz pulled into the driveway and said he'd knocked off early as there was a blizzard with very heavy snow at the tower.....

Nahh that would be a tidal wave. Get the surf boards out...

Sunny, wet and breezy in Basford . I think we've missed the worst.

Just seen on the news someone drowned yesterday at Newhaven after dodging waves. Don't these thick tw..s heed the warnings .

The emergency and rescue services have enough on their plates in times like this. He won't be doing it again!

• Upvote 1