Severe storm heading our way.

It must be serious - it made the LOCAL news in Grand Rapids, Michigan this morning!

Re #31 - true. But here in Dawlish, Devon we were supposed to be amongst the first in the firing line, and really it didn't happen. It was certainly windy, but nothing out of the ordinary - didn't even stop the trains running along the sea wall, though I gather there was a tree on the line between Plymouth and Newton Abbot overnight.

So glad you got away with it Stephen, I know the forecast was not to good for down there, I am just watching the news on the TV and it looks really bad in places, people have lost their lives and trees and buildings are devastated, no electricity, and flooding. Hope you all keep safe.

Reporting from Romney Marsh- Few leaves off trees, powercut 07.00 to 09.00, M20 motorway to work this morning.................no French/German/Polish/Latvian lorries, bliss!!

Stephen and Paulus, and all you other folk across the south of England, I'm pleased to hear that you came through the storm unscathed. We were expecting to be in the line of fire up here in Notts but it wasn't bad at all thank goodness.