Posting Videos (not YouTube)

Can't think of any way apart from opening a youtube account . Its simple to do .

You should have a programme on your puter called Windows Movie Maker . Just drag the file into that , and you can add titles if you want to , then save it to your computer, which converts it into a format that youtube recognises .

Then its just a question of pressing the upload button on youtube and locating it from your files . Usually its in a file marked Videos .

I doubt it, as it presents two problems, host's server security problems, ie it would be possible to introduce a virus on to their servers, and the problem of the owners bandwidth increasing.

Not many sites allow direct video and photo uploads for the above two reasons.

Its fairly simple as long as Movie Maker recognises the file . I can't get it to recognise movie files from my Sony camera which is a pain.

Just open Movie maker and press the button that says " import media" , then from the prompt , locate the file , this can be either a movie file , a still picture or a sound file .

The file you want to use should now appear above the timeline in movie maker , The timeline is the 3 boxes that are at the bottom of the screen.

Just drag the movie file down to the timeline and with the video controls it should play in the small screen .

If you want to add titles either at the beginning or end or to play over the pictures select "titles" from the tool bar .

Once happy , save the file and give it a title then press the "publish" button and select the maximum size of the file. I just go with the programmes prompt.

It should then be ready to upload to youtube . Depends on the length of the movie as to how long it all takes but each stage should only be a few minutes if its a small file .

You can select who is allowed to view your videos on YouTube too if you don't want all the world to see them. From memory I think you can select just to let people who have the link to it view it. Like the link you will put to it for this forum to see it.

Videos from a Sony camcorder need to be re-coded before uploading to YouTube. I use Nero.

Ah .....probably 2nd nature to a 12 year old now !

Half of the problem is knowing where to locate the files for importing into the Movie Maker programme and then which file to upload to youtube . Once you get your head round that its not too difficult . Honest !

All the youtube videos I have made have usually been with still pictures and an mp3 music track .

You can adjust how long each still picture is displayed for , to fit the music .

Worth you having a practise in Movie Maker so you get the hang of adding titles , if you don't want to use up disk space don't save your work .

• 8 months later...

How do you put a piece of music - an MP3 file on my computer - on to a thread page?

You can't, would take up too much of Mick's allowed server space, the only way is upload it to a site like Youtube, then "hot" link it, like Youtube videos.