The 2013 Christmas Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Christmas eve I sat on Princes street Edinburgh with some homeless, I bought them hot sausage rolls and a hot chocolate drink, I don't know why I did that, it just seemed the right thing to do at

We love Christmas, but I do not allow preparations to start until December, apart from shopping for gifts and making the Christmas puds and cake. It's a time of giving, not necessarily receiving. A ti

Further to that. I am not overly religious but whether it is true or not, I love the Christmas story because in the manic dash for presents and despair of not having enough money to get what someone

Christmas cannot be far off, we have the Christmas skin again.

Just put the Christmas skin on, .....................it's got bl**dy goosebumps!!

She is not smiling it's a grimace so would you with a tree stuck up your ...............

Father Christmas was not in a very good frame of mind - in fact he was very depressed.

That morning after breakfast, Mrs Santa had told him that her Mother wasoming over to stay 'for a few days' and he knew that would be for several weeks, and as Christmas was approaching her visit was the last thing that he wanted.

The Elves had neen playing up and had gone on strike for more pay. The replacement elves Santa had put in were much slower and the number of toys that had been made was way down.

Father Christmas went to visit his Reindeers and found that two of them were pregnant and another two had kicked down the fence and had disappeared into the forest. He was by now even more depressed.

What I need is a drink he thought, but upon going indoors he found that the elves had hidden his Whisky and there was nothing left to drink in his liquour cabinet. Deciding upon a coffee he went into the kitchen but managed to drop the Jar of Coffee all over the floor. Now he really was cheesed off!

He went to fetch the broom to sweep up the mess but found that the mice had chewed off all the bristles.

At that moment there was a knock at the front door.

Upon opening it, Father Christmas was confronted by a beautiful Fairy holding a lovely Christmas Tree.

"Good Morning, Santa" she called "Isn't it a really lovely day. I have bought you this beautiful tree, isn't it lovely? Where would you like me to stickit?"

And that is why by tradition we have a Fairy sitting on top of our Christmas Trees.

printer.gif
  • Upvote 1

:biggrin: Absolutely packed in the 'Pound Shop' at Bulwell this afternoon; whereas over at Wilko's and Tesco's, not many customers - just shows people are watching their pennies this Christmas.

PS: S'pose with just the right amount of money in the purse / wallet, one could purchase most of what is required at Christmas from the 'Pound Shop'. :biggrin:

Took me owd mum to Mc Carthur Glen this arternoon, loads of cars in t' car park but vey few folk to be seen actually shopping. bizaare!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's it for another year, Christmas over. It is Twelfth Night and those decs should be down by the end of the day. Hands up those who still have them up! :jumping:

I had an American friend come over from Afghanistan ( ex-Marine, now a civilian IT consultant in charge of military network security in Afghanistan) to spend the week with me. He particularly enjoyed having a real Christmas dinner as he's spent far too many Christmas Days eating mass catered food. He then went up to Edinburgh for New Year but sadly I couldn't join him.

Hot X buns on sale in our local Co-op already. Won't be long before the chocolate cream eggs are being pushed at the till. Easter's not for another 14 weeks .......