Hoveringham or topmix lorries from 50s 60s 70s

Cheers taxi ray just the kind of stuff im looking for .Dad worked for hovringham and topmix 50s to 70s be nice to see some pictures of big projects he delivered to like the building of the clifton estate in the 50s probably non exist but you never know.ta again Andy

Thank you lads once again you have done me proud thanks to your posts i have found a chap that is writing a book on hovringham gravels and has thousands of images and is going to email them. is there anything the folk on this site dont know. a massive thank you .

You bute TAXIRAY I CONTACTED SOMEONE OFF TRUCKNET WHO SENT ME SOME PICTURES AFTER THE 5TH PICTURE THERE WAS MY DEAR OLD DAD IN HIS TWENTIES PROBABLY TAKEN IN 1950S THANK YOU SOSO MUCH HELPING ME FIND SOME THING I AND MYGRANKIDS CAN CHERISH WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF FINDING A PHOTO THAT I DID NOT KNOW EXISTED .THANK YOU andy

charlesworth5_zps14cc44e5.jpg

charlesworth4_zps91ac320e.jpg

charlesworth3_zps5c99a5f2.jpg

charlesworth2_zps62d33223.jpg

charlesworth1_zps633f6aa8.jpg

Image Credits

Andy Howdle MIAT
Technical Coordinator National Contracting C&W

LaFarge Tarmac

Millfields Rd, Ettingshall, Wolverhampton,

www.lafargetarmac.com

lafargetarmaclogobw.jpg

• Upvote 2

I POSTED A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ABOUT HOVRINGHAM GRAVELS IF YOU LOOK ON THAT POST WE RE SAYING HOW GOOD MEMBERS ON THIS SITE ARE AT SOLVING NOTTINGHAM PROBLEMS SOMEONE EVEN JOKED ABOUT FINDING LOTTERY NUMBERS BUT AS FAR AS IAM CONCERNED WHAT WAS TO FOLLOW SURPASSED A LOTTERY WIN WITHIN HOURS OF SPEAKING TO MY FRIENDS ON THIS SITE I WENT FROM STUGGLING TO FIND A PICTURE OF A HOVRINGHAM LORRY TO FINDING A MAN WHO IS WRITING A BOOK ON HOVRINGHAM GRAVELS WHO HAD HUNDREDS OF IMAGES WHO SENT ME 4 SET SAMPLES AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT IN THE 4TH SET THERE WAS MY DAD LOOKING AT ME FROM THE CENTRE OF THE PICTURE NOBODY KNEW THIS PICTURE FROM THE FIFTIES EXISTED MY MUM AND DAD HAVE BEEN DEAD A FEW YEARS NOW SO THANK YOU FOR SOMETHING I WILL TREASURE MORE THAN ANY LOTTREY WIN I THINK MICK IS GOING TO TRY ANDPOST IT .THANK YOU DENNIS TAXIRAY DENSHAW.

• Upvote 6

The images have no been added to this thread. I am very pleased that you have had such a good result to your request.

And thanks to members who helped :)

I have sent the originator the following.

Andy

I am very grateful for your photographs sent to Nottstalgia member Andy Charlesworth.
Not only did they show images of the vehicles he wished to see but actually show pictures of his father.
He and his family were not even aware these pictures existed.
I have added them to the discussions and given yourself and LaFarge credit for them.
Many Thanks
Mick2me
The Nottingham Forums

a charlesworth #14

I am so happy to read that you to have discovered the previously unknown photograph of your Father. I personally know the joy you are feeling at this discovery. I have a few war letters from my Grandma to my Father, one particular undated one refers to an item in the Evening Post showing a picture of Dad on his Ship with some of his crew members.Through the advice of people here on Nottstalga, i was able to follow all of the faint clues and now i have another precious memory of Dad. The photograph is not a very clear one, but it means the world to me. If you want to see the Photo and how the people on here advised me, It is titled...War Letters and is in the Ancestry Forum. So pleased for you on your discovery, and Thanks again to Nottstalgian's for your devotion. :Kiss:

Thanks cami yes just shows the value of joining this site and what a fantastic bunch of people they are these images are very important to us and i suspect our children and grandchildren will have simular feelings when they are our age.Shame cant sit down with parents and ask the questions we should have asked wnen they were alive but i suppose thats true of most people.Andy the chap who supplied these photos is a mine of information and like most people on this site is kind andc onsiderate and put himself out to help me find images that if i was honest thought i would never find .The strange way things work out sometimes makes you think that our dead loved ones help point the way .Regards Andy

• 1 year later...

a charlesworth #14

I am so happy to read that you to have discovered the previously unknown photograph of your Father. I personally know the joy you are feeling at this discovery. I have a few war letters from my Grandma to my Father, one particular undated one refers to an item in the Evening Post showing a picture of Dad on his Ship with some of his crew members.Through the advice of people here on Nottstalga, i was able to follow all of the faint clues and now i have another precious memory of Dad. The photograph is not a very clear one, but it means the world to me. If you want to see the Photo and how the people on here advised me, It is titled...War Letters and is in the Ancestry Forum. So pleased for you on your discovery, and Thanks again to Nottstalgian's for your devotion. :Kiss:

Just over a year now that tis site helped me find this phograph of my dad has I sit here looking at my father my love and respect for him is the same as when I was a child riding in his lorry ,and as I posted recently shouting from his cab for to go home when I was acting tough on arkwright st.Andy the guy writing a book on hovringham gravels,continues in his quest to get it finished.

• Upvote 1