summut serious

Thought I would update all on my prostate cancer,seems despite the removal of my prostate cancer psa still rising looking like cancer cells remain ,I was asked yesterday if I wanted to go on a joint radiotherapy/hormone therapy treatment alternative just radiotherapy got till Christmas to decide.

The reason I am revealing my ailment is that now knowing how prostate problems affect so many men usually 50 upwards it is vital to have checks and be monitored ,and to know support from other nostalgians is there and I have found it useful.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Thanks for your kind words and thank you to the people who have given me the wisdom of their experience,they know who they are,will need to decide soon which path to take,I don't know if there is a right one.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Going to have radiotherapy only,decided against hormone,get my tattoo

on friday,this is where they mark the area for the radiotherapy,mates on here told me about this earlier so it was not a shock,thank you to them,

Basfordred for king !!!!

That's FOR KING by the way. LOL

• Upvote 1

Well done Lizzie . Your organisational skills come to the fore yet again.

I am sorry to hear that oldace,I really hope things work out for you mate,if its any concilation to you mate people I know that have had them have done fine,but I hope there is people on here that can put your mind at rest,they have with me.

• Upvote 1

OLDACE, My two brothers in law have had this Operation. The one had a Quadruple Bypass. He is 72, a Builder and no intention of giving up work. He goes to the Gym twice a week and walks his dogs every day. He really is the fittest of us all. The 2nd one had a Triple Bypass and though he doesn't follow the same fitness plan as the other, he enjoys 2/3 Pints Beer a day ( More if he fancies it). Just small changes here and there. Both of them have nothing but praise for what the operation has given back to them. I hope some one on here can give you more first hand info about the Op. Best Wishes Miduck.

• Upvote 5

Thanks Andy, Carni and Melissa, I am nervous about this op, much more so than with the prostatectomy, I am trying to concentrate on the postive outcomes and not on the actual operation.

Regarding two or three pints a day Carni, I love real ale, but on my last trip to Notts I declined the complimentary booze on the train and ferry and spent a miserable 4 hours in Aberdeen Weatherspoons drinking non alcoholic Beck's Blue, while my wife sampled all the wonderful Scottish ales. BTW The Archibald Simpson on Union Street, Aberdeen is my favourite Weatherspoons in the UK. If anyone is ever in Aberdeen give it a try.

Oldace, I'm sorry to read about your problem and I hope things go well for you. If I ever put a post on the same as your's then I'd want a reply the same as carni's (#346). It's just the info you want from someone who's family has had the op and what a big boost it must have been for you.

I went for a routine blood pressure and pulse check on Friday and both are perfect. I'm surprised because it was my favourite nurse and my pulse gets out of control.. slywink

• Upvote 3

Oldace you will manage this op on your head !

My brother had a quadruple bypass 3 - 4 years ago & he is still going strong. Never looked back.

I am waiting my self to see if I will have to have surgery (angina), but nowadays by-passes are a piece of P&&S !

You will be fine.

• Upvote 1