summut serious

Hi Oldace. I do not know anyone personally who has had the surgery you speak of, but have known others who have had various kinds of heart surgery. All have come through it very well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

OLDACE, don't worry about a thing ....... My brother-in-law had a quadruple by-pass a couple of years ago, surprisingly he had a dental appointment and his dentist suggested he go to get his heart checked out, not something you expect from going for a filling! He was always pretty fit, playing rugby until his 50's and running marathons in under 3 hours. He now swims every single day. These problems can hit even the fittest. A very good friend of ours here in Nottingham also has had a quadruple and he has absolutely no ill-effects, and his lifestyle hasn't changed at all, he still drinks and eats plenty! I wish you the best of luck and hope you get surgery quickly, and don't have to wait like another friend of mine who's been in City Hospital a week now waiting for a heart by-pass, which was due to be performed today and it's been cancelled ........ he's hoping he has the surgery on Wednesday. He's a Nottstalgia member btw.

• Upvote 3

I am sorry to hear that some members are going through the trials and tribulations regarding health issues,Denice and I send you our thoughts and prayers,and hope that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

I had a series of Chryno' injections two weeks ago,to resolve the chronic pain I have had,due to damaged nerves I received during surgery three years ago.

The doc'said everything went well,but the area will be sore and inflamed for several weeks.Stay tuned to this channel.

I have been coming on to the site,but more as a 'lurker' than a poster.

A pleasant phone call from LizzieM yesterday,prompted me to post a few lines,and to thank you for the concern about my welfare,we do seem to be a large extended family.

Thank you all for the kind words of support over the last year,may I take this opportunity to wish you,Peace,Love,Health,and a wonderful 'Christmas'.

As always,I raise my glass to absent friends,Cheers. Bryan

• Upvote 7

Still around and much thanks for caring. I can't see me getting it done yet what with Norovirus and other stuff invading the wards. I'll let you all know when I get a date with Professor Chopabolokoff

• Upvote 3

Oldace and bilbraborn.......Best wishes to both of you regarding your upcoming ops.. hellothere hellothere

Look at it this way, bilbraborn, you will lose at least a 'stone' in weight and Oldace, perhaps too much bread and lard back in the good old days? smile2

• Upvote 1

One week yesterday I had a massive heart attack but within a hour I had stent placed to clear a 100% blockage,

Feeling super today each day better but now I do qualify as a pill popper

I have changed my diet no more KFC or Taco Bell & will be taking it a lot easier from now on.

I suppose I made up for not seeing a doctor since the 80s.

• Upvote 3

Low fibre diet I have to endure

Im missing me bickies thats is for sure

Sue has bought me a choice of three

Shottbread,, nice ,or bloody rich tea

Now I thought I was thirsty ,but a drink made for me

Was guzzled up quickly when I dunked my rich tea

It was all dry and crumbly and was refusing to float

And that bloody rich tea got stuck in me throat

Now some day soon I can have a man of a treat

A hobnob with chocolate now that is a sweet

When it comes to biscuits what will be will be

But whatever happens dont give me rich tea

• Upvote 5

Dgbrit all the best mate for the future,oldace hope you are coping ok mate with your options things normally turn out good its the problems you dont know about that should worry you ,however you will be well observed and looked after probably spoil you ,you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Glad you're on the mend. Take it easy matey.

Sorry to read of the problems some Nottstalgians are going through,I wish you all a fast recovery, but I suppose it's our age group where some of these nasties can rear their horrible heads.

If it's any consolation at all I feel we are very lucky having the medical expertise and technology nowadays to correct these otherwise life threatening illnesses.

Two of my daughters who are long term surgical nurses, but now midwifes, both tell me that heart operations are now a very common, day to day surgery and recovery is very quick, even usually only requiring a 3-4 day stay in hospital.

This is because I too worry as I have a heart valve replacement to look forward to sometime in the future, but not too soon I hope.

• Upvote 5

Hope you are soon completely on top of things again Dgbrit.

Banjo48 if it is any encouragement I have a good friend still in Notts who had a heart valve replacement years ago and is still going strong.

Our Pastor had two heart valves replaced a couple of years ago and seems just fine now. Success rate seems pretty good.

• Upvote 1