summut serious

Both my Brother and Chris have experienced Shingles and it really is a painfull ailment. Chris was given some kind of liquid to dab on and he says it was like rubbing salt into an open wound. Thankfully another Doctor changed the treatment to something easier to bear.

He will be eligible for the vaccine next year, and says he will definately have it. No way does he want Shingles again.

Aw come on Michael. We thought we had got you there!!! Give us a clue? slywink

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

One of our neighbours passed away due to shingles, she used to have regular attacks, not much the quacks could do for her.

I had chicken pox when my Daughter was just a few months old, Doc said she'd be safe due to the immunity the wife passed on to her, luckily I've never had shingles, known many who have and suffered with excruciating pain from them.

#430, Videos all watched again. I blame you Michael for giving me the idea!

Well, I had to give up my cycleing and Dancing because I was having some scarey happenings in my chest when I did any exersize. Weather permitting we are going to try a gentle bike ride for a couple of miles today, too see if my problems have settled down yet. The nurse who put my Heart Moniter for me on Thursday says to do all my normal things so we will see what happens. Fingers crossed. I have forgotten what it's like doing anything other than moving at 'Snail Pace'.

I feel like Cliff Richards now I'm................Wired For Sound. :biggrin::biggrin:

• Upvote 3

To be honest, I didn't know anything about shingles. Since putting my jokey post on (#415) I've learnt how painful and nasty it is. In the case of Ayupmeducks's neighbour it led to her death. I really am sorry to read that Melissa often gets it as she must really suffer. I checked out LizzieM's post (#421) and read that it was for people over 70. If it's so serious, as your posts suggest, then it should be for everyone, whatever their age.

• Upvote 1

Well, went mendling along to the QMC this afternoon.

First call, Cardiology for ECG. Then to the Vascular Clinic for a twenty questions session with nurse. Then see doctor to explain the finer points of the "procedure" then give some blood.

All set now for tomorrow, Kick - Off at 8 am if lucky home tomorrow sometime !!!

Been winding Mrs Catfan up since yesterday, told her I will have a hand bell to summon her to my sick bed ! when I require assistance. I dare not repeat on here what her response was !

BTW Bleddy WI-FI at QMC, £6 a day. ! I should COCO

• Upvote 4

Big Day on for tomorrow catfan. I should check the bell in case Mrs catfan has selataped the clapper down. All the best Miduck. You will soon be running up that hill to Wetherspoons. There will be no stopping you. :):)

• Upvote 4

All the best tomorrow ,the teas are on me when your mended ,sorry I meant to say on the table,you are paying from the money you save on your wifi.gunna buy mrs catfan a stair lift for christmas she can send your snap up on that.give the poor lady a rest,I dont know catfan the things you will do to get breakfast in bed.

• Upvote 1

Been awake since 01.30 am ! a bit excited about today I think !

It was very nice to get my own back on the cat too, I woke him up for a change, revenge is sweet !

We turned in at 9pm last night so both of us are wide awake now. I got up & fed the cat & made the tea !

Many thanks to everyone for the kind wishes, see you later,Catfan !

• Upvote 5

Keep smiling, catfan. Just remember the joke I told you and Sue in Wetherspoon's last week - about the man in hospital who had had a leg amputated. The surgeon went to see him lying in his bed and told him 'I have some bad news and some good news' . The man said 'Tell me the bad news'. The surgeon said 'We have taken the wrong leg off'. 'Oh no', said the man, 'what's the good news'. 'The other leg is getting better', said the surgeon.

• Upvote 1

Thinking of you Catfan. Sitting here having my morning coffee and Nottstalgia fix. You are five hours in front of us so hopefully you are as good as new already. Better watch out for the cat though. They always get their revenge!

• Upvote 1