summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Best wishes Chulla, think positive ....... brilliant Cancer docs in Nottingham, you'll be fine.

My husband had a bone scan last week to make sure his bad back is nothing to do with Prostate, and he sees the Oncologist this week.

Thinking of you. xx

I'll just reiterate what others have previously stated Chull, all the best.

Chulla,

Don't know how I've missed your earlier posts about your heart and the prostate issue. All I can do is to add to all the good wishes already posted.

I wish you the best,

Col

Thank you all for your nice words. Despite the PC numbers going in the wrong direction, and the discovery of further outbreaks, I remain now as I have always been, totally devoid of any kind of pain or even discomforture. I have taken the new tablet (Dexamethasone) and have not experienced any of the numerous side-effects listed, so far. Also on the plus side, the sickness feeling and vomiting seems to have gone away. Really looking forward to the lung function tests because I am seriously peed-off with the breathlessness.

Thank you all, once again.

• Upvote 7

BREATHLESS ...... Then stop looking at those pictures of Maureen O' Hara. You'll be blind and deaf next !

• Upvote 2

Yeah! But what a way to go! Better than the other way of going blind.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Maureen O'Hara....Gasp! pant!....who said that! Don't try and hide - I can hear you :)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Further to #689 and #706. I reported that because my PSA score had risen from 3 to 35, I was put on a tablet to supplement my hormone injections. That didn't work and I was given another tablet. After six weeks a blood test has showed that the PSA number is now 61; so that tablet has not worked. I have been to see the oncologist and now I am on 'Plan C'. He has put me on a course of 40mg Enzalutamide capsules. These are oral chemotherapy drugs and I had to sign a consent form to get them. They are only available from the hospital pharmacy. The box the month's supply comes in is the same size as a Bird's cake box (carni will know how big that is). The capsules are three-quarters of an inch long and a quarter of an inch in diameter. They are horse tablets!. I have to take four at a time - took them for the first time this morning and heaved as I swallowed them. I was warned that there might be side-effects - tiredness, fatigue, breast swelling, etc. After three weeks I will have another blood test and then a consultation, to see if they are working. Even if the PSA number is not going down I will have to keep going for three months. If after three months the tablets have not shown any benefit then it will be a course of chemotherapy. If they do keep the PSA number down then I will keep taking them.

If anyone reading this has experience of taking Enzalutamide capsules, I would appreciate hearing how they went on with them.

I was also told that the scan I had a few weeks ago had detected a shadow on my liver. They cannot tell if it is a cyst or cancer, so will have to have another scan.

I have also been and had a lung-function test, as part of the investigation into my breathlessness - hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. All I did was blow hard into a pipe three times for readings to be taken. I am awaiting a consultation with the heart people to see what happens next.

But, as I have reported, I normally feel as right as rain, apart from when I exert myself.

Chulla, Sorry to read that your treatment hasn't been as successful as hoped. The new meds sound quite powerful, so hopefully in three weeks time you will see some improvement or stability in your health. I hope the possible side effects from the new capsules don't prove to be troublesome for you. We wish you all the best for a good outcome from your new treatment.

PS. You Cheeky B....r!

• Upvote 1

Carni, you tell him ! He should put those photos of Maureen O'Hara away if he's continually breathless. LOL

• Upvote 1

Chulla, you have won my admiration. As someone who can put an aspirin in their mouth, drink an entire cup of coffee and still retain the undissolved aspirin, I marvel at how you can tackle the capsules you describe! I can't swallow tablets and I'm seriously needle phobic. I've been chased down the corridor at the surgery by a nurse who wanted a blood sample! She didn't catch me either!

As I've said before, I'm a 5 star coward when it comes to medical matters. Chin up, Chulla, and I fervently hope that you will experience some benefit from the new medication.

• Upvote 2

Chulla, we all wish you well and do keep up your positive outlook. I believe that horse pills are administered with an implement similar to a large pea shooter so that could be something to check out!

Actually, Commo, they look just like suppositories - couldn't make my mind up which end to shove them in to! Good job it said 'oral' on the box.

• Upvote 5

Chulla, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago and can tell you that I was told that the abdominal pains I experienced a couple of years later were very unlikely to be related to my cancer as prostate cancer does not spread to liver, stomach etc initially, and that turned out to be the case.

A positive attitude is essential and you obviously have that. I hope your treatment is successful mate.

• Upvote 1

Ditto to that Oldace'..........mine was 3 years ago,and Dave i admire your attitude,

Chulla, sorry to hear about your medical problems. You always come across as an upbeat person and with this recent setback you seem to have a positive outlook. Have faith in the doctors and know that we're all wishing you well.

• Upvote 1

Not the result you were hoping for Dave but unfortunately you have to go along with treatment, you have no alterative. Really do hope that this time they work for you. Ok they are big and side effects arent nice but you can beat it by staying as positive as you are.

Ive not heard of Enzalutamide but know many that take oral chemo and the main side effect seems to be fatigue. Have you had a PET scan? They usually show up more detail. Hope they dont make you wait too long. All the best and keep concentrated on your positiveness.

Sorry the previous meds didn't do the trick, Chulla. The 'horse tablets' sound difficult to take but I expect it will get easier as you continue with them. I really hope they will be the right ones for you. Paul joins with me in sending you best wishes for a successful outcome.

• Upvote 1