summut serious

I can understand why you feel nervous, Carni. Being the tremendous coward that I am, I'd have gone into hiding by now or changed my identity. You're very brave and I'm full of admiration for you. I sincerely hope it all goes well and you get lots of your favourite flavour of ice cream when it's over. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

I'm sure you'll be fine Carni.  You are a brave and level headed lady.

I'd never heard of a TOE procedure until I found this:  http://www.nhs.uk/Video/Pages/guide-to-toe.aspx

Stands for Trans Oesophageal Echocardiogram.  Seems to be a way of looking at the heart by putting a probe or camera down the throat.  The basics look very similar to having a gastroscopy, though I'm guessing the camera doesn't go down as far. I've had about four Gastroscopies and to be honest the worst part about them is the fear of the unknown before the first one. After that it becomes reasonably routine.  I mean it's not something I'd volunteer for on a daily basis, but if you relax, breathe steadily and think of England it's not too bad. :)

My brother had the Cardiac Ablation done and it seems to have stopped the episodes of Tachycardia which he was having on a regular basis.

Good luck!

Col

• Upvote 1

Thank you Miducks. I had everything explained yesterday so I know what to expect. The TOE is because I had a Stroke before and it's to check the heart for unwanted problems before they start my other procedure. I am being given General Anesthetic so if I can just control my nerves until they put me out, I wont know about anything!!!!!! Looking forward to the Ice cream. :)

• Upvote 2

Sod the TOE, what about a couple of elephants feet !  LOL

• Upvote 2

All the very best wishes Carni. You'll be fine gel. 

All the best Carni, will be thinking of you. Ask them to give you something to calm your nerves. After your premed things will settle and you wont know anything til its finished. 

It's getting to be one thing after another. Yesterday I stood up walked a couple of steps and fell flat on my face. Those who saw it happen said I did not try to save myself. I am not a pretty sight this  morning. I got up, wasn't dizzy and conversed normally. I went to the doctors and had a blood pressure test, which was higher than normal (166/80), but I was still shaken by the experience. A check today shows it has come down (141/80).

I had a look at the information leaflet that comes with my cancer treatment capsules (the horse tablets). For the possible side effects it says Very Common (1 in 10), High blood pressure. Common (1 in 10) Falls. Have been taking them now for nearly three months but this is first time this has ever happened, a bit worrying because it came out of the blue with not the slightest warning. 

Sorry to hear that Chulla your bPcould have been because you were shaken by the fall. Having said that it doesnt take much for your bp to rise. However hope you recover quickly and have no more episodes like that. They can be very frightening

So sorry to hear about your fall, Chulla.  It''s not just about hurting yourself, it's the shock of it's happening with no warning, isn't it.  Hope the doctors can come up with a solution to stop it happening again

Just came on here, and saw your post. Sorry it happened to you Bro, sounds like you stood up too quickly and blacked out for a second. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Keep positive Chulla, and NO excitement whatsoever ! 

Thanks all for the best wishes. I sincerely hope that it is a one-off. When I saw the nurse she took my BP and pulse then went to see a doctor for advice. He/she said do nothing, but if I show symptoms of being sick or having headaches I should go to A and E. Doesn't sound like they are worried. 

On the positive side, the inhaler I was trying to improve my breathing hasn't really had any effect. Went to see the doc and she put me on another inhaler. You put a capsule of Spiriva powder (tiotropium bromide) in a holder, puncture it and breathe it in. Do this once a day without fail, not just when you feel that you need it. Have to say I think it is doing me some good. I won't be running a marathon next week, or even 100 yards but I am sure there is some benefit.

Bromide, that should do the trick Chulla.

• Upvote 1