summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Where's the laughing emoticon at the end of your post, F2? I have no need for bromide, thanks to my decopeptyl injections.

Do you know, I feel the better for reading all of your comments. Nil bleddy desperandum.

• Upvote 2

I have a 78 year old friend who fell and broke her hip 8 weeks ago. Again, no one seems to know why but apparently her BP falls 20 points when she stands up from a sitting position. As a retired theatre nurse, she knows more than most about these procedures and is bearing out the old saying that medical personnel make the worst patients! It's slow progress. :mellow:

Another demonstration of how Nottstalgia - despite the new format - can still be helpful.

Where else would a person get this amount of sympathy and good wishes from a large number of people, many of whom they've never met ?  ......even if it does take a lot more scrolling and clicking around than it used to.

• Upvote 9

Take it easy---- Chulla

Get well soon.

Dave, Iidn't visit here yesterday as I was boozing in the Cavern... so only just heard about your fall and hope you recover soon.  I think maybe stand up slowly, wait a sec and then start walking..

Think that 'spinhaler' thing you've been given sounds like one my daughter used to use.

Take it easy!

Col

Thanks again all. Yes, I think the answer is to stand up and wait a second or two before moving off. Just recently, but not regularly, I have noticed a slight wooziness when I stand up - it goes away in seconds. In this case I stood up and instantly made a sharp right-hand turn - so I expect there was an element of dizziness involved also.

My face is a mess, and I feel like I have been kicked by a horse, but Iboprufen is helping.

Well Mi ducks,I never thought I would be sitting on my Sofa typing this message to you at this moment.To all of you who sent me good wishes I want to put you in the picture.

All went well at hospital this morning, I was doing my usual crazy nervous mardycat carry on, and the nurses were fantastic, my surgeon gave me a happy pill to carry me through to OP time of 1pm The Anesthetist came and talked me through everything, and finally I calmed down and was ready for what lay ahead.

At ten minutes to one my surgeon came again, all smiles, sat on my bed to go through the procedures with me.WRONG. She came to tell me my procedures were cancelled as there was a problem in the lab, and as mine was a lengthy Op, there would not be time to do it. She was very sorry but nothing could be done.

Back on the waiting list again. :mellow:

• Upvote 3

Carni, get a cuppa and a cake, and stop moaning........ At least you've had a happy pill !

• Upvote 2

Nottstalgians Supply Perfect Cream Cakes !

Do you know how long (approx) you'll have to wait till next time?  Hope it won't be too long.  At 1.15pm today, I told Paul you'd probably be fast asleep!   

Thought about you at one o clock our time and then realized it would be six for you.  Sorry it did not go through after all that.  It should be good for lots of sympathy from us lot anyway.  Nah goo an 'ave some cream cake!

• Upvote 1

How disappointing for you Carni, got yourself all built up for it then they let you down. I too thought about you at 1 pm.  Fingers crossed that the procedure will take place sooner rather than later. Nothing worse than waiting for ages.  

• Upvote 1

Carni I agree with Lizzie, its nerve wracking waiting and then being let down. To me its not fair to have to wait long for your op after all it wasnt your fault there were problems in the lab. Anyway, you can relax and have a cuppa tea and a slice o cake ( as aunt Sally says in Worzel Gummidge. My favourite character) Take care tho not too many cream cakes. 

• Upvote 2