summut serious

When one of my daughters worked in the NHS nearly 15 years ago. They spent over £40k refurbishing the managers office, whilst making two nurses redundant . They must get their priorities right mustn't they? 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

One of the biggest, if not the biggest problem with the NHS is over subscription. Immigration has been allowed to expand dramatically over recent years, causing chaos within the NHS. Already there are problems with housing, schools employment. Until these problems are properley addressed I don't think the present situation will improve.

Before anyone starts jumping up & down stamping their feet, this IS NOT a racist comment.

• Upvote 2
On 31/10/2016 at 6:19 PM, catfan said:

One of the biggest, if not the biggest problem with the NHS is over subscription. Immigration has been allowed to expand dramatically over recent years, causing chaos within the NHS. Already there are problems with housing, schools employment. Until these problems are properley addressed I don't think the present situation will improve.

Before anyone starts jumping up & down stamping their feet, this IS NOT a racist comment.

Maybe not racist.. but it's political.  So to answer it, I too have to get political.  And I don't think it's allowed.

Incidentally, it's also wrong.  The biggest challenge to the NHS is its own success.  Sadly you and I are just living too long...;)

Consider this:

How many immigrant workers are there in the NHS?

How many immigrants do they treat?

Just sayin'...

Col

I find myself once again in the position of trying to answer a political statement, without starting a political argument.  I'm a bit hamstrung really.....

Jill and Mike.  You have both quoted mostly newspaper sources to back up your assertions.

These are press interpretations of a report by a bloke with an agenda.

If you base your assumptions and decisions on what you read in the papers......:blink:

I'm not claiming there's no waste in the NHS, but just as an example, we only need agency nurses because we have a shortage of full time employed staff.  Why is that?  My bet is Govt policy on training/recruitment.  But you might know better...

As for Local Govt.  You offer no evidence.  But it is common knowledge that Local Govt. funding has been slashed at the same time that Govt. has heaped more responsibility on Local Govt.  Obviously (or is it?) something has to give.  So local authorities are struggling to fund 'Adult Social Care' (Looking after old folks) So more old folks are left 'bed blocking', in hospitals.

So whose fault is that?  NHS?.... Local Govt. ..?  Central Govt..?

One more time....

H.L.Mencken.  For every complex problem, there is a solution which is clear, simple, and wrong.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. H. L. Mencken
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/hlmencke129796.html

My comment was not political at all. But I'm not going to have a discussion on this subject with you. You must always have the last word in any discussion.

I'll admit that I'm not always right, you always insist you know best !!

You have your opinion & I'll have mine !

Just sayin]

• Upvote 4

I get fed up of reading these useless quotes by idealistic philosophers, thinkers and downright over educated know alls who blatantly refuse to live in the real world. 

For every complex problem, someone just might have to correct solution ! 

• Upvote 4

DJ you are doing a good job in highlighting the likely sources/reasons for our rapidly deteriorating services.

After all it is summat serious!!

In my view political perspectives are particularly useful especially in those times when vulnerable folk are suffering because of the policies of doctrinaire governments.

#856 the reason (not fault) for our declining services is central government's determination to move towards a free market.

That is what they said they would do and that is what they are doing they won the election so the voting electorate are presumably happy with the outcome.

• Upvote 2

Far too many people turn up at A&E with petty ailments that could be treated at one of the Walk in centres. 

They clog up the system thereby causing waiting lists. 

Regarding the situation at the QMC, they recently enlarged the Major Trauma unit by moving Derby's unit there. 

Surely Derby should have there own. It has resulted in QMC becoming much busier unnecessarily. Another bright management decision. 

• Upvote 1

One more time...

H.L.Mencken.  For every complex problem, there is a solution which is clear, simple, and wrong.

Mencken was one of those folk who produced great soundbites, but which were utter bo!!ocks like the above.

• Upvote 3

To all. I think we've been here before.

Search as you will and you will not find any example of me saying I was always right.

You will also not find me insisting on the last word..

Both of the above are myths which suit certain people's agenda and approach to attempted bullying.

If these people have their way.  Any dumb statement can be made and then rendered untouchable simply by claiming it is 'opinion;' or playing the 'politics' card to prevent responses.  It's all very tedious and childish.

Tte standard of discussion here is rock bottom.  It mostly consists of :

" (Insert sweeping Daily Mail Level Simplistic Sweeping Statement of Choice)"  Then insist that anyone who has a different view is 'Trying to get the last word/thinks he's always right'.

Seemingly it never occurs to some people here that their sweeping generalisations are open to challenge. Anything more that a fixed one liner is seen as 'argument'  It's not.  It is discussion, but clearly it's too much for the usual suspects here.

Tompa .  You only post to have a go at me.  Have you no views on anything else?

Jill.  I was surprised by your post which I responded to which kickstarted this latest bout of "Let's all have a go at Col for having the temerity to have a different view".  You are an intelligent woman and whilst I don't agree with a lot of what you say, I admire your intellect.  You can do better than sweeping statements like that, and attempted insults such as that you followed up with. ( #862) You'll find that deliberate insult is something else I never do here. I leave it to Dawson and Fly.

Mike.  Your post was political whether you lke it or not.  Not party political, but political.  The organisation of our public services and finances is about as political as it gets..  You cannot get away from that fact.  Claiming your 'opinions' are not political doesn't render them immune to challenge.

Siddha (#860)  Thank you.  You at least are not just lapping up and regurgitating the usual right wing press drivel. 

However,  I've got better things to do and more grown up sites to visit, so since I'm so famous for having the last word.  Here it is.

Goodbye.

• Upvote 4

Or even a good old fashioned Bulwell FO.

• Upvote 2

Just read #866 twice more. Talk about sweeping statements....... Utter rubbish !  You're just after a bit of sympathy mate !

• Upvote 2

Quoting  H.L. Mencken seems a bit strong, if one reads some of his stuff you will find the man was a Racist, Antisemite, Mysogynist and also American.

Anyway DJ360   byeeeeee.

I think you've all adequately proved my point.

Supposedly thousands of site members here, but discussion is dominated and controlled by you sad people.

Carry on..

• Upvote 3

Sorry you gone again Col..........didn't get involved with most of the things you have a passion about,mostly because my knowledge on them is a bit lacking,.......but I believe everyone should say what they feel (within the rules) which I reckon you did............As regards same people dominating the discussions,at least they are posting,and tthat will always be the case until some of the lurkers sign up and say summut.

A few on here tend to try and two-facedly bully,but they will never succeed if you take them with a pinch of Bestwood salt,............

• Upvote 7