summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

I recently had a pain in the neck, but it's gone now. 

• Upvote 3
On 03/11/2016 at 8:53 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Sorry you gone again Col..........didn't get involved with most of the things you have a passion about,mostly because my knowledge on them is a bit lacking,.......but I believe everyone should say what they feel (within the rules) which I reckon you did............As regards same people dominating the discussions,at least they are posting,and tthat will always be the case until some of the lurkers sign up and say summut.

A few on here tend to try and two-facedly bully,but they will never succeed if you take them with a pinch of Bestwood salt,............

Well yes Ben.  You are right as always.  I do say what I feel.  And within the rules. I also get frustrated that many agree with me privately but won't speak out.

After some thought I decided that certain people were not going to shout me down or push me out.  So I'm here.  People who don't like me are free to ignore me if they wish.  There's even a button for it. 

The mob mentality displayed by some (again) just because I dared to question their views ( and gleefully added to by others who weren't even in the 'discussion') was very much like playground bullying.  Not something I'd be proud to be part of of, but there you go.

Anyway, since this is an 'ailments' thread.  Apart from a slight burning sensation in my ears, I've been remarkably well lately.  ;)

Next time I'm in Bulwell , I'll try to pop in to the Peveril for a chat.  I really enjoyed the Buttered Toast and Yoghurt with Berries last time.

Col

• Upvote 2

Sorry I haven't been posting much just lately, just  having my usual problems and really hoping my procedures on the 16th dec don't get cancelled again.  I am glad to see you are still on NS col, and would like to thank you and let you know we are enjoying the Drifters CD's very much. We had about six hours, running though them yesterday. Most enjoyable.

• Upvote 3

Yes missing you Carnie.............no Duets or nowt lately................hope you feeling better soon mi-duck..............

• Upvote 1

Hi Carni, you are very welcome and I can't think of a lot of music that induces a 'feel good' factor better than the Drifters. I was also wondering where you were and I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Col x

• Upvote 1

Hang in there Carni.  I second the other comments here.  Get yerself  a nice cream cake.  Can't make things any worse and it might give you a lift.  

Try to keep smiling.  Makes folks wonder what you've been doing.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

On secondt thoughts I wouldn't say no to a guide cat....................................I wonder if they do em ?

He'd have you out all night Catfan...........climbing up trees and Crapping on Neighbours gardens............lol.

• Upvote 2

Here we go again Peeps. A phone call from New Cross at 1pm today, If they can get a team together for tomorrow, am I up for it. Confirmation came at 4pm, So it's on again, 8am in the morning I will be that screaming nutter running up and down the corridors of cardiology, crying "I want me mam". A bit of a shock that, just coming to terms with Dec16. Where's the biscuit tin?:mellow::biggrin:

• Upvote 2

As much as you feel worried and nervous Carnie, this is fantastic news. Get it over with!  You've got very little time to get stressed out, you may not sleep too well tonight but this time tomorrow it will all be behind you.  We'll be thinking of you duck xx

• Upvote 4