summut serious

The worrying thing was the rise in 12 weeks obviously it is where my next blood tests go i was told normal readings should be lower for someone who has had their prostate removed Oldace yes being checked is the important thing the nurse told me that the surgeon is informed when levels reach 0.10 simply because should rise continue things can be put into place faster and more effectivly.Oldace i hope your levels are ok mate let me know how it goes thank you Piggy and Babs nobody actually told me at what reading they react so interesting to know what your husband was told i hope your husbands levels remain at those lower levels best of health to you all. Andy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Did anybody see on tv last week that Nottingham City Hospital are getting or have got a robot to do surgery on prostate cancer ,i did not see report but was told about it ,when i was diognosed i asked for robotic surgery but was denied by NHS told could have private at a cost of around £30,000'. I think robotic surgery may help with the control of infections and future diognosed patients will have a choice of treatment that others may not be offered. .

...and if that means having half a mile of television cable stuck up your clacker....so be it. :Shock:

brilliant Trevor s,got diagnosed with prostate cancer myself in November,now on hormone therapy and start Radiotherapy in a couple of weeks,good to read all the above in similar circumstances and once again some terrific notts humour it has lifted my spirits.

• Upvote 1

brilliant Trevor s,got diagnosed with prostate cancer myself in November,now on hormone therapy and start Radiotherapy in a couple of weeks,good to read all the above in similar circumstances and once again some terrific notts humour it has lifted my spirits.

just realised my wording above didnt read right,ie good to see!hope you all know what i meant, :blush:

Good luck with your upcoming treatment Benjamin1945, sure you're going to be ok

Thanks for your kind words Lizzie, funny int it i came on nostalgia after diagnosis to keep my mind off things then some silly bogger does a topic on it :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

old ace only just read the message you left me in decnice to hear tom could have a bit more time been told that there will be a 50th reunion of the old whitehart some time in may not got any details as yet but let you know and hope tom will be well enough to make it up for it tome came down the hart late last year in his teeshirt when he and jen came to tell us all that he had the cancer. still looking on the positive side in publicbut know jen told me it had taken him a few months to come to terms with it. know tom will fight it as long as he posibly can probly be like moulty given six months and managed 7 years six and a half of them being quite a good qualty of life so you never know good luck to him .

good luck from us too benjamin piggy will be six years clear in march had his latest psa a few weeks ago and all still going well like you he started on the hormone treatment and then onto radiography for eight weeks we made some nice new friends who were all having the same treatment at the same timeyou ought to have heared the laughing and joking that whent on all that 8 weeks but they were also there for each other on the bad days too and would talk to each other about there treatments and procidures which i think was also a big help as they were all going through the same thing at the same time a bit like you dave was diognosed inlate october started his radiology end of feb and finished april. good look dave had no side effects but others did slight burning rather like sunburn they give you e45 cream to use befor and after your treatments dave only needed 1 jar but others needed more jars.

thanks piggy/babs/old ace/ you are all very kind,you are so right about the comarady already met some great blokes with lots in common at differnt sessions ive been to,their sense of humour and just talking makes you feel so much better,i am lucky had great family support wife and children,even ex wife :)

charlworth dave and i have a very good practice nurse at our drs practice at mary potter centre who lets us know what daves psa results are every time he has them now only once a year when he first finished his treatment it was monthly then three monthly up to six monthly and now yearly these are always folowed up by a visit to the nurse who is always ready to tell us the results and discus any problems we migh have at the time her imput was always another great suport too.

benjamini forgot to say that dave also recieved hormone injections after his radioligy for two years every three monthsthe nurse also gave him these so over the time we built up a very good relationship with her and now think of her as a friend and feel we can tell her anything.

Sorry Benjamin145 #256 think im the silly boggar that started this post ,but i do think it will help you ,like it has helped me.Im sure you are going to be ok mate.i will pm you.regards andy.

Sorry Benjamin145 #256 think im the silly boggar that started this post ,but i do think it will help you ,like it has helped me.Im sure you are going to be ok mate.i will pm you.regards andy.

thanks Andy,i was only joking mate,i know you started it,and me and the wife laughed our heads off when i found it,i am certain it will help,so thanks again.

Piggy and Babs im am supposed to recieve telephone results of my 3 monthly blood tests, but because i am out of area i get the results from my GP and pass results to my cancer nurse.if you remember last year my psa rose from 0.04 to 0.10 the nurse refered me to the surgeon who i went to see 2 weeks ago ,he wondered why i was there ,and explained that 2 years can be a dodgy time but my readings were insignificant and in any case radiotherapy is usually very successful and i would not die from prostate cancer which made me feel good ,after leaving the hospital i suddenly realised my prostate was no longer ,

A prostate cancer testing scheme may start after 13 gene defects that could cause the potentially deadly tumours were discovered. Scientists said thousands of lives would be saved by screening men whose family history puts them most at risk of the13 mutations.Prostate Cancer UKs Dr Iain Frame said the results published in the British Cancer Journal were an essential part of the jigsaw and could lead to a national screening programme like the one for breast cancer.He said Genetic testing to predict risk could revolutionise treatment.More than 40.000 men get prostate cancer and 10.000 die every year.The most aggressive form can kill within 18months. This report appeared in todays Daily Mirror and i know it would be of interest to quite a few people on this site both to themselves or to their children,i hope this does turn out to be part of process that eradicates prostate cancer and indeed all cancers.

• Upvote 3

Yes Andy, we read it in the Daily Mail this morning. Hard to comprehend exactly what they're talking about though, all a bit over my head. However as my husband and his brother were diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer almost 2 years ago and have both undergone radiotherapy treatment, anything new in the screening techniques has to be very good news especially as we have 2 sons already well into their 30's and due to this family history they're prime candidates as they get older.

• Upvote 2

Lizzie you were one of the people i thought of when i read this ,because of your familys experience ,and you like me are concerned for your childrens future welfare,my son who is in his mid 30s knows to keep an eye on any negativity around prostate issues and if screeening was brought in our children would be a part of that process making early detection possible if any problems were to be present .Anyway hopefully this report will never need to be an issue with dur children or grandchildren

• 5 months later...

Thought it time to update with my prostate cancer,I went for my latest blood tests(psa)this week awaiting results,after few small rises in my psa agreed with my surgeon that if this one rises I will undergo radiotherapy,him making it clear to me that psa is not accurate test however is option is to have radiotherapy even though possible nothing there,better that than to ignore with possibilities of cancer cells that were missed.the process so far has been pain free the worst thing being my biopsy and wearing a cafeta all men reading this should be aware of prostate cancer because undiagnosed it can be fatal,could anyone tell me what radiotherapy is like I hope this will reassure men that are thinking of getting tested, if in doubt don't just go to docs .

• Upvote 1