summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Isn't it good that you have the backing from all your friends on Nottstalgia, Andy. Comments from people, like mudgie49, who've had the treatment and know what they're talking about must be very comforting for you. I wish you well.

Also, I hope everything goes well for catfan who is seeing his doctor today regarding a PSA test.

• Upvote 1

We old farts start to get a higher PSA reading, as we truck along the aging road.

But a large spike would be a concern,take it easy and try not to stress,that only adds to the problem.

I have been fighting Renal cancer for 10 years,it goes into recession for a couple of years,then back it comes.

After 2 surgeries,Chemo',and radiation,I am still this side of the daisies.I kept my sense of humour,and a positive attitude to life.I still work every day and am not confined in anything I do.

We are all capable of climbing mountains,just don't look down.

PS,The old farts was for the boys not the girls. :)

• Upvote 6
  • 1 month later...

How are you folks out there ,how are you diddling ,nice to see catfan and Carnie in good voices but missing Alison cc and tgc meadows folk with stories to tell,I sincerely hope everyone is fine ,feeling off it use this page to off load your woes.

• Upvote 3

Went into hospital for surgery,Thurs'18th Sept',came home Tues' 23rd. Everything went to plan,removing a smallish tumor that was positive for renal(kidney)cancer.

I am shuffling around pretty good,not too much pain or discomfort.My taste buds came back into play this morning,dinner tonight!!!!!Chicken Bhuna,mushroom bhajia,garlic naan,finished off with mango kulfi.I'm on a count down till Denice can go pick it up,3 hours 14 minutes to go.

Don't mean to bore you guys with my dinner menu,but to all of you that have survived on hospital food will understand.

I wish you all a happy and healthy week-end,kindest regards, Bryan

• Upvote 7

Just picked up on this thread since my #276 posting. I found it comforting to hear of other people's experiences, particularly about Lizzie's husband. As I feel no different now health-wise to what I have always felt, my PC condition does not bother me, in fact I hardly ever think about it. Nevertheless it is good to share experiences. If one's psychology has anything to do with how one feels then I will live to be 100!

• Upvote 1

Thank's for the good wishes,I am beginning to see you all as my extended family.In saying that,I don't want you all to visit at the same time:)

Dinner last night was b----y terrific,I think I licked the glaze off the plate.

Denice says we can manage six at a time,plus two in the back yard hammocks,under the palm trees.BOOK NOW!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...

re #311. Been to the docs today for latest update on my prostate cancer. Latest blood check shows PSA number now down to 3.9 from 14 from 197, so hormone treatment seems to be working well. Cholesterol reading within acceptable limits too.

• Upvote 8

#319. Trying my best to, Catfan, but with great difficulty. lol

Thanks all for best wishes.

• Upvote 1