summut serious

It was in the national papers. Who would keep daf bulbs with onions anyway. I was taught at an early age there is so much that is poisonous in the garden that you should always scrub your hands when you come indoors.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

During WW2, in occupied Holland, the Dutch were starving and ate bulbs. It hasn't done them any harm as they are reputed to be the tallest nation in Europe .

• Upvote 1

Anyone help me out here please? It's 3 weeks since I had that op. As it is my first ever, I know nothing about what goes on afterwards. When can I remove the dressings? I asked my GP and he said phone the hospital. I just can't get through. I'm reluctant to remove them in case I shouldn't, but my out patients appointment is not until end of April. I just feel a bit mucky around there as I can't get washing that area.

Well I'm not offering !!!!!!!! LOL

Cheeky sod, do you think I'm that mad ?

I'd keep trying to get through to the hospital Bilbraborn, you can't leave the dressing on for another 10 weeks ....... Yuk! And don't ask advice from this lot, you know it doesn't make sense, LOL

• Upvote 3

10 weeks !!!!!!! There would be wildlife living underneath !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

This talk of hospital 'dressings' reminded me of when my youngest son broke his big toe (when he was a drunken Lufra student) He ended up with his foot and lower calf in a cast for several weeks which he decided to cut off himself with a big pair of cutters out of our shed, because he couldn't be bothered going and sitting waiting at hospital for it to be done. Stupid boy.

• Upvote 1

Is his toe still there Lizzie ?

re #554 Bilbraborn,

After I had my Procedure last August. I was told to phone my Surgeons Secretary with any questions. Which I did do a couple of times. The secretary will speak to the Surgeon for you. Give it a try, It helped me.

Dial 111, walk-in clinic or call the surgeon's secretary's number (which should have been given when discharged). Remember A&E stands for Accident & Emergency. It's not the right place unless it is precisely that.

I did say if all else fails ,if he has a dirty wound it needs sorting as a matter of urgency,if he cant get it sorted through conventional means then you dont mess around with your health.

• Upvote 1

During WW2, in occupied Holland, the Dutch were starving and ate bulbs. It hasn't done them any harm as they are reputed to be the tallest nation in Europe .

Not then, they weren't tall. They were actually the shortest in Europe, They have grown since stopping eating bulbs, apparently.

#569 Andy

Yes, I did realise that.

I was just reiterating the point that increasingly, A&E problems are the result of patients not dealing with issues in a timely manner or following the correct path before visiting A&E.

• Upvote 1

3 weeks sounds a long time to leave a dressing on Bilbraborn. I can't believe they didn't give you a written sheet on care of your wound. Have a look at this link, go to the "caring for a healing surgical wound" page.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/s/surgical-wounds

Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Upvote 1

Re #559. There is definitely wild life around there and it's not under the dressing. However, I eventually managed to get through and they told me to take it off. It has healed quite well and the wound is not all that big. That bloody plaster took some shifting. I think I could have hung off the ceiling with it.

• Upvote 3