summut serious

The capsules are soft - you can press them in between your fingers and then the shape returns. They are very smooth and, thankfully, have rounded ends. Am still heaving but will get used to it. No side-effects so far (early days?). No, haven't had any Salbutamol.

Yes, Ian - Vangelis, Jelly Roll Morton and boogie woogie are a great medicine. I know we joke about things like this but my life without music would be terrible. There is nothing I look forward to more than playing the YouTube downloads of some of the great stuff found on there.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Travesty, travesty! Never in a million years was that Jelly Roll Morton. Sounds more like Winifred Atwell with her knickers in a twist. Not blaming you, carni; you wasn't to know. Just play a JRM recording and listen to the piano - one of the softest keyboard lilting touches you'll ever hear.

If he were alive today he would be turning in his grave.

• Upvote 1

I just gave YouTube another whirl Chulla. You are right. What was that piano playing that I first listened to? it could have been at home in a western saloon bar, full of cowboys. Certainly didn't sound like JRM, no comparison.

• Upvote 1

You're learnin', carni; you're learnin'. Go back in the music thread and pick up some JRM.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to see the oncologist yesterday, nearly four weeks after beginning to take the 'horse tablets'. Looks like they are doing me some good - my PSA number has fallen from 61 to 29. So, I carry on taking them and see him in a month's time, by which time I will have had the scan on my liver.

• Upvote 8

That's good news about your PSA then Chulla, I was wondering how you were getting on with your suppositories ..... I mean pills. Stay positive

• Upvote 4

Hi Chulla I take a pill that is about the same size but solid my trick is a big gob full of water/liquid pop in the pill and swallow all in one go, 9 pills all at the same time inc the monster.

I went for my Colonoscopy last week & everything is ok one pollop that came back benign was removed so the operation & chemo did the trick. Don't have to have another for 3 years which sounds encouraging.

• Upvote 7

Well done Dave. Keep taking the tablets!

Col

Thanks everyone. I'm also listening to the right music and watching the right films. That's the mental side of feeling well.

• Upvote 2

#733. Had the ultrasound scan on my liver this afternoon. The doctor had a real good look and then said ------------------- Its just a cyst; nothing to worry about.

• Upvote 5

Chulla, that's good news. Does it need any intervention? 'Ultrasound' .....at least you're not having a baby!

• Upvote 1

As I have reported, my hypotrophic cardiomyopathy leaves me seriously breathless when I exert myself. Two weeks ago I went to the City hospital for lung function tests - blowing into a tube. It will be 24 August before I have a consultation to hear the results and what next they propose, if anything. For some time I have wondered if I would benefit from an inhaler, like those with asthma use. These open up the airways to improve breathing. so I went to see the doctor on Tuesday and asked her if she thought it might be beneficial in improving my breathing - in normal conditions I have no problem, its just when I exert myself. She said 'do you want to try it, either it will work or it will not, and you can report the effect when you go for the consultation' She made out a prescription and I got he inhaler from the chemist.

I have used it twice and purposely walked up the hills where I live. No doubt about it, it has made a difference. At the top of the steepest one I was breathless, but not to the extent as I was before. But the biggest change is that my legs were not tired and making me slow right down. I continued walking and quickly my breathing normalised and my legs showed no sign of tiredness by the time I was back home.

If there are any members out there who use an inhaler I would appreciate hearing from them how quickly it takes effect after inhaling, and how long the effect lasts.

Edit: Thank you carni (#748). I ask because being new to inhalers I am following what is said in the instruction leaflet. It says two puffs then wait; no more puffs (two at a time) for four hours and no more than four doses in 24 hours.

• Upvote 1

My Granddaughter and her Dad both use inhalers for Asthma Chulla, and have instant relief. If needed they can have "more Puffs" as individually required. Hot days, Fumes, exertion and Pollen count can all have an affect, and cause them to need their inhalers more often, but generally the inhaler keeps their Asthma under control and has instant effect.

PS there is a limit to how many doses a day can be used, so check out your personal prescription.

• Upvote 1

My ex used inhalers for asthma & could use as often as required.

Hers were Ventolin, normal one's were blue & the stronger one's were light brown in colour.

Do yo have a GTN spray Dave ?

Chulla #747, used inhalers for about 55 years now, at the moment using Symbicort and Brycanil, two puffs of each twice daily, symbicort is an inhibitor, (long term prevents attacks, Brycanil, reliever, instant relief when breathless and take when needed, also works with Symbicort to prevent attacks. other inhalers such as Ventolin, Beclaforte, etc work the same way. just remember these inhalers usually contain steroid, mild form, so wash mouth out with water after taking inhaler, i found my mouth gets quite dry and have to take more liquid especially on hot dusty days. hope this helps, for all their inconvenience these things are a godsend,