summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

My thoughts are with you Carni. 

13 hours ago, carni said:

Here we go again Peeps. A phone call from New Cross at 1pm today, If they can get a team together for tomorrow, am I up for it. Confirmation came at 4pm, So it's on again, 8am in the morning I will be that screaming nutter running up and down the corridors of cardiology, crying "I want me mam". A bit of a shock that, just coming to terms with Dec16. Where's the biscuit tin?:mellow::biggrin:

Wasn't about yesterday Carni so I hope it's not too late for you to see this but I'm sure you know that we are all metaphorically holding your hand.

You'll be fine!  thumbsup

Col

• Upvote 1

Heyyyyyyup Miducks.

At home, in bed feeling sorry for misen, voice like i've swallowed a bag of razor blades (Wilkinsons of course), and just had some icecream, ha, it takes more than an operation to stop me eating ice cream, first food for 27hrs, yum yum.

Just spoke to sueB48, my goodness, poorly Gel, we both sound like we shared the razor blades! 

Anyway, Job Done, Thankyou all Miducks. Going to Bee Byes now. :sleeping:xx

• Upvote 9
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:40 AM, catfan said:

I have to disagree phil. As a grateful recipient of the NHS I can only say because of the NHS I'm still alive & not bankrupt !

ask one of our American cousins about health charges in a country without the NHS !

Last year my bill was $334,000 yes I'm worth it lol

Carni, so glad you are out of the torture chamber and back home!

Col X

Apparently, the GA and TOE caused a lot of trauma to my throat and gullet, so very raw. The actual Ablation not causing me too much discomfort. Feeling tearful, but to be expected. I know you Nottstalgians will cheer me up through out the day. Having ice cream for breakfast. Ha. 

Get some runny honey on the ice cream Carni. It's very soothing. I love it.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a nice card for thanksgiving today from my health insurance company asking me what I am thankful for.  It goes on to tell me that "Our records show that:"

You have not had a colonoscopy in the past year.

You have not had a flu / pneumonia shot.

You have not had your blood pressure checked.

You have not visited your doctor for your annual physical.

It goes on with more tests I won't even bore you with that I haven't had.

What am I thankful for?  I could answer I WILL be thankful if you'd just leave me alone and don't try to keep track of my personal choices.

No I have not seen the doctor and I'm glad!

My body belongs to me.  If I want to see a doctor I'll go see him.   What are they worrying about?  I'm saving them money on invasive tests that I don't want.

I know some of you may disagree with me on this and that's fine.  I do not want to criticize anyone who has such shots / checkups.  That is your prerogative.  What bugs me is being nagged about it in the form of a greeting card. 

Sorry for the rant but if anything raises my blood pressure its this kind of stuff.  You lot know me.  I'm pretty even tempered, but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

Aahh but Loppy!!  From their point of view it is THEIR money that you are putting at risk.  Not very considerate of you..  ;)

• Upvote 1