summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Well mi dears/ducks, I'm sitting here on mi sofa all of a dither experiencing that feeling of  lost a bob and found a tanner! I had a couple of episodes of lost vision in my right eye last week, i was concerned but because I felt OK, I just let it pass, anyway a visit to the docs this morn, hoping for a "Oh nothing to worry about result), not to be! Four hours up the hospital having various tests have shown what I half expected. I have had two TIA (Mini strokes).

The good news is I have two points,which means lowish chance of another full blown stroke. Don't feel very convinced, but will receive a letter from TIA team within 7days to go see them. Well I think I deserve some Cadburys or summat nice,see if it can make me smile. Don't hold yer breath.Lol. slywink

• Upvote 2

Oh dear Carni, you have been through the mill lately. I hope everything goes well and no more episodes. Chuff some choccy, for medicinal purposes of course.

• Upvote 2

So sorry  about your problems Carni, but pleased you've got a quick appointment at the hospital..  we will keep you in our prayers (and Chris -- he will be going through all the worry with you, I expect).  Btw, I just love your positive attitude and really admire you for that xx

• Upvote 2

Carni, I'm sad to hear you've got to go back in again so soon and also the diagnosis. You'll be fine though. We're all rooting for you so nothing can go amiss!  In the meantime get plenty of cream cakes and chocolate gateau down your neck! A girl needs to keep her strength up!  ;)

Glad you got quick appointment Carnie.......nowt worse than waiting.......will be thinking of you............

Best wishes from me too Carni.  Will be thinking of you tomorrow .

Col

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at the City and saw the boss man, Dr Sundar. As it was my first appointment with him and not his registrar I thought he might have some not-so-nice news for me. I needn't have worried - PSA number now down to 7.9, a drop of three points in eight weeks. I asked him if he thought that another bone scan would be in order, seeing that the last one had shown the cancer spreading to four areas of bones. 'No need' he said. Because the PSA number is going down it shows that there has been no  more spreading. The PSA number is a representative reading of the whole body, not just the prostate. 'Carry on and will see you in 12 weeks'. So, two dollops of good news and I left with a carrier bag full of horse pills.  

• Upvote 11