summut serious

Chulla miduck, I was so pleased to read your post. My own experience at hospital over the last two days has ended a lot better than I expected, and to come on NS and read your post is the icing on the cake.

Here is my report on the last two days. Two TIA's, but to the eye and not my brain. Wonderful Stroke Consultant Dr Das, has put my mind at rest as much as possible. Had my eyes checked and a grey area was found at the back of the right eye where two tiny vessels crossed, this is were the TIA occurred.  my carotid artery's are OK, so no op necessary, apparently, everything that we can do to ward of any more strokes, is being done, but he said there is no such thing as zero risks. Just got to get over my procedure now.

Keep taking those Horse Pills Chulla, you can't lend a mate a few can you. I've got some nice pink and blue ones,if you want to do swaps! slywink

• Upvote 8
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Thanks Jill, My cholesterol was 4.2 today which is fine for an otherwise healthy person, but because of my history, he has given me another Statin to bring it down below 4. I told him I had sampled a few cakes lately and he just laughed, and said no problem with that amount? He gave me a nice compliment on my age, said I looked ten years younger than my age. I think I love him.:)

• Upvote 6

I don't know what my cholesterol is. Never had a test. It involves needles so I'm not having one!  :blink:

Yesterday being the annual celebration of my 21st birthday, I indulged in chocolate chip cookies and custard filled doughnuts. Yummy! Eat, drink and be merry...that's my motto!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Brilliant news for both Chulla and Carni!  So pleased for you both.

Keep up the good work.  ;)

Col

Thank you all for your best wishes. It is now three years since I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer, and day-to-day I am still unaware that I have it. I came on this thread, with others, to encourage men of a certain age to have a blood test to check their PSA level. Best to catch it early if you have it. And you might. One in nine men get PC - 40,000 new 'victims' every year of which 10,000 will die. I give a running commentary of my treatment in order to try and allay any fears that if you do get diagnosed then don't get the idea that you are going to die tomorrow. There is a lot of hope, and a lot of expertise at the City Hospital. Who knows what my future will be, but so far so very good, thanks to the NHS.

BTW. I was not kidding when I said I came away from the hospital with a carrier bag full of horse pills. The picture shows a month' supply in each box, and in my hand the daily dose.   

DSCN1436_zpsnh9tfplo.jpg

DSCN1436_zpsnh9tfplo.jpg

• Upvote 5

Good god the size of em if they work keep swallowing em me old duck.

So pleased about the good news Carni.

I myself have Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, they are diseases of the auto-immune system usually when you have one you are more likely to get another unfortunately because of the damage the arthritis caused I now have Bronchectasis which is a lung disease,my treatment is working and I am very well at the moment ,god bless the nhs.

• Upvote 3

Freckles #966

I had a colleague who had Lupus.  At one point she was really unwell.  ( I won't go into details.. but not nice)  20+ years on she seems fine.  Not free of it, but much better managed I think.

More power to you.

Col

The drugs Im on for the arthritis luckily work on the lupus but it took a good few years before the right cocktail was found,Im on biological drugs by injection which I do once a fortnight and I had to go through the nice guidelines to qualify for them,Im very fortunate that at the moment they are working well.

Chulla I had a good look at the boxes its ok you can swallow them.

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been a pretty awful lately. Mrs Commo has been living with breast cancer for the last 7 years and in September on the first day of our holiday in Northumberland she suffered a pathological fracture of the femur shaft and was over 2 weeks in hospital in Newcastle. She started a course of chemo and after the second session was struck down with cellulitis and a further 2 weeks in hospital. She is still suffering immense pain and still cannot walk but hopefully is very slowly improving.

I am hoping and praying for a better year in 2017 but unfortunately am not too sure that this will happen.

Commo, I have thought over recent times that we haven't seen you posting and now I know why. I am so sorry to read your post about your wife's illness. We have a marvelous NHS and I sincerely hope your wife gets the best from them. I send you both my heartfelt wishes for happy and peaceful 2017.