summut serious

I never noticed your halo when we last met, carni......But well done for giving up all those things.  I'm with you on most of them, apart from still drinking Diet/Zero Coke occasionally and sometimes having some butter.   Now, chocolate... that would be a difficult one for me to say goodbye to

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Never had a halo Margie............................Born to be wild. smile2

Edited  Never tried  to give up, chocolate, cakes , biscuits, icecream and Twister ice lollies. I have got a wicked sweet tooth. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, carni said:

Never had a halo Margie............................Born to be wild. smile2

Edited  Never tried  to give up, chocolate, cakes , biscuits, icecream and Twister ice lollies. I have got a wicked sweet tooth. :rolleyes:

I would prefer a fresh cream cake to a dinner any day of the week, nothing better than to see your  tooth marks in the Lurpak butter. I blame my parents and grandparent who used their sugar rations for me as a child.  I have on occasions tried to give up eating so many sweet things but when will power was handed out i was in the sweet shop.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

Since my last post, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge - might be accurate to say that a lot more of my blood has found its way to the black-pudding factory. I have made five (or is it six!) more visits to the City; three in the last three days. Boy, am I familiar with the hospital south-side corridors - I could give guided tours through them! 

I have given blood half a dozen times, urine, had a bone scan, five electrocardiograms and an echocardiogram. All this is in preparation for the commencement of my chemotherapy treatment. This began the day before yesterday with the taking of four pre-chemo Dexamethasone tablets, then eight more before I went to the hospital. When I got there they wanted another Electrocardiogram reading because the one taken the day before had showed one of the readings was higher than they liked - 475 when max is 480. I went for the reading, but now it was just over 500. Back again, little rest, and they took three consecutive readings, each of them just over 500.

These were shown to Dr Sundar for him to contact the Southampton University team that is monitoring the new cancer drug trial. Meanwhile I underwent the first of my chemo injections. I an now used to cannular needles sticking in my veins, but this one - pushed into the back of my hand, was a tad oochy, she had a couple of goes where she thought there was a vein but wasn't. I thought about Jill S - she would have been on the floor in a coma if it were here. Then whole injection process lasted for nearly one and a half hours once it got going.

Meanwhile, news came that I would have wait another week before taking another ECG. So there is a possibility that I might not be taking part in the trial. However, they seem to think that with everything else about me being OK, including my cheerful disposition, I stand a good chance of making the trial. We will see,

I was sent home with more tablets for this, that and the other. Back again next Thursday and the second injection will be on the 18th. Will have see if I get any side-effect, but will lose my hair. Also, must keep well away from people with cols, chicken pox and shingles.

As always Chulla, I wish you all the very best and hope you're able to take part in the trial.  Nice that they consider your cheerful disposition an asset regarding the treatment too.  Stay positive mate. 

Chulla , good luck with everything. It is frustrating when values aren't what is expected. It happened to me a couple of times when due for chemo. Once for high blood pressure and just by chance asked for a tablet as I'd got a headache ( wasn't going to say anything but it was so strong) . They sent me home with  an  appointment the following week. Another time I was agitated as I'd entered in oncology stressed because I could find a parking space. They gave me some concoction and gradually my pressure went down. 

You will fly through it and you have exactly the correct attitude. That is ...its not going to beat me.

Good luck hopefully they wont have to insert the cannula into your hand again. Can you ask for a port in your chest. It saves a lot of ooocches and ouches. Morning of chemo spread cream over point , cover with special plaster and  take a deep breath and away you go. Simples!

Seriously good luck. Will phone Mrs Chulla as soon as we get our phone back on. ( vodafone cant find the fault. Without since 2 april )

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

I'm sure we'll still be seeing you at future meet-ups for a long time to come.

When Moses (avatar) says that to you, it gives you a lot of hope. lol

• Upvote 2

All the best, bro, keep me in the loop while I'm away. The power of positive thinking, must be the Birch mantra. It's always been my motto.

• Upvote 1

Thank you everyone. I feel content and confident. Talking to a chap in there yesterday, he said he knew someone who had had prostate cancer for 17 years. Such little snippets all help to give some hope. 

• Upvote 3

Keep your pecker up matey...... Mmmmmmm, best not !  Just think POSITIVE ! 

All the best Dave.

• Upvote 1

What a lot of stuff you have to contend with, Chulla.  As always, we'll be thinking and praying for you that you'll keep that positive attitude and stay strong.  

Best wishes Chulla. I agree with you about the little snippets of good news lifting the spirits. Always best to listen to the positive. You can do it miduck, we are all rooting for you.

Of course I wouldn't have been on the floor in a coma, Chulla! I'd have been a couple of hundred miles away, running like hell and kicking up the dust cos I'm not brave like wot you are! :wacko:

You're in my thoughts. You're made of tough stuff! You'll get through it, lad!

• Upvote 1

Chulla's problems with various parts

Mean he's stuck full of needles and sharps!

But they won't  dent one bit

Of his razor-like wit,

Though the nurses play hell with his heart!

It's a fact that he's got to be brave,

And we all hope he's going to behave.

To avoid getting bored,

Chase a nurse round the ward...

And you'll probably get a close shave!!  :blink:

• Upvote 2