summut serious

3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

If I hover my cursor over the grey heart, I get this......

p4rl5c8.jpg

The grey heart turns blue and the green arrow appears - which wasn't previously there.

And if I hover the cursor over the green arrow, I get this.

lcUmdRP.jpg

On my iPad, the heart is grey, then when I tap it it turns green, but the word 'like' doesn't appear next to it.   The green arrow appears but it doesn't have the word upvote anywhere!   I wondered what you were all going on about when you mentioned upvotes...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Margie when the green arrow appears have you tried moving your cusor to  cover it, it should then display 'upvote'. silly expression really but hey it it what it is.

• Upvote 1

Because this is  a touch screen, I don't have a cursor.  There is definitely no word appears when I tap the arrow.... never mind, I'll cope!!!

Don't worry about it meduck, the main thing is you can get on this great website and see what we've all been upto and share our memories

Rog

14 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Far too simple Rog....... There ought to be a thumbs down icon for 'Rubbish!'

NOOOOOO! I would get so depressed - I would be constantly in fear of a thumbs down :crazy:

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Further to my last report on 30 October, the oncologist has told me that the results of the last blood test showed that my PSA number had increased from 41 to 70 in three weeks. So, the chemo hasn't done me a deal of good. We discussed the next move, and I was told that it could be more chemo (different kind) or radium treatment (not radiology). I went for the radium treatment. Yesterday I had my first injection.  This is a much better experience. The chemo infusion would take about an hour and a half by the time all the preliminaries and finishing-off operations had been done. The radium treatment takes five or six minutes and then it's all finished.

Because of the small amount of radioactivity present in my body, there are certain rules and precautions. I have to take a pee like a woman - sitting down. The toilet seat has to be disinfected, and the toilet flushed twice. Any soiled underpants have to be washed separately, and material used to wipe a cut or bleeding has to be flushed down the toilet. these precautions are to be observed for seven days, after which just make sure that I must always wash my hands thoroughly. Although it does not affect me, but out of interest, there is a precaution that condoms and highly effective female birth control methods should be used during and for  minimum of six months after treatment. I have to carry a card with me that gives these instructions and more.

After-effects are not expected to be a problem, but diarrhoea seems to be the one that might happen. I was told that my PSA number will not be affected - it might still increase, but the radium treatment cannot do anything about it, and it does not mean that the treatment is not working.

I am having another CT scan in January and another bone scan in February (the cancer has spread to some of my bones). Every time I see the oncologist she asks me if I have any bone pain. It is obvious to me that they expect this to happen. I always say 'no' but in the last couple of weeks I have had a pain in upper right chest area, but the reason is unknown and it seems to be going away. Hopefully, the bone scan will reveal if yes or no.

Apart from all this I am bright and cheerful in myself.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Ive given you a 'like' for your fortitude Dave..............keep fighting it mate, my admiration is with you........all the best mate...............

Well Dave, it's good that the doctors are trying different treatments for you - I hope the radium will halt any further spread of the cancer.  You have such a positive attitude to it all - I really admire you x

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Ive given you a 'like' for your fortitude Dave..............keep fighting it mate, my admiration is with you........all the best mate...............

Dave, take heart. While off work after my heart attack,  I was told that my boss had been diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma.

I ended up making weekly bike trips to the City hospital to visit. He had an aggressive form, so they decided to go for chemo. Seven cycles, with a lumbar puncture after each to monitor spinal fluid.

I meet him each month in Bridgford for lunch. He's been clear now for three years. His oncologist felt that his healthy lifestyle had contributed to his recovery.

He told me that even on the days when I saw him in his baseball cap (no hair - which has grown back, a bit) he always tried to make plans well ahead.

Stay bright and cheerful in yourself - I am sure that we are all with you.

Phil

• Like 3

We all wish you well Chulla, and hope the Radium treatment has good results. You do have a positive attitude Miduck and I feel sure it will help you on your treatment course. So pleased to read that the Radium doesn't  make you feel so unwell as did the Chemo. Chris and I send you our best wishes.x

Thinking of you Chulla.  The way you’ve been dealing with all the treatments so far has been an inspiration, as I know you’ve felt awful a lot of the time.  Our fingers are crossed for you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2018 meet-ups that I’m sure you’ll be arranging shortly.  

I expect every member understands what you are going through, and to see that you have such a positive attitude towards it is the biggest inspiration to pass on to anyone who is suffering in a similar way. You keep that up and you won't go wrong. My very best wishes to you, have a great Christmas and a really good new year.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that are of no consequence. It's been three years now and I am still here, but there are signs that it is changing course. I have great faith in the oncology team at the City Hospital; they are doing their best and I have no complaints.

• Like 11

Well Dave, I can only echo all of the sentiments above.  You are meeting it all with a very positive attitude and you'll be in my thoughts. 

All the best!

Col

• 1 month later...

Saw the oncologist today - a different registrar.

On the PSA score front the news is not so good, as the figure is now 220; up 72 points in thirteen days. Had a CT scan and a bone scan in the last week or so. CT scan result was OK; bone scan showed no new areas of cancer in my bones but a slight worsening in existing cancer areas. He told me that he would put me on a course of radium treatment - six injections at one a month. I told him that I had already had had two of them. Puzzled look. Have had no after-effects from the radium treatments.

After consulting with the boss he changed my Steroid tablet Prednisolone to Dexamethasone.

Apart from being a little wobbly on my feet I feel right as rain. This, I believe, is a result of a left ear problem.