Forest Fields Grammar School School Play 1968

Doug Hallet arrived to replace John Hancox who had become the new head when Oliver Barnett retired in 1965. He was called Batman because his black gown used to billow behind him like Batman's cape.

• 2 years later...

A warm welcome to the Nottstalgians site Mr.Clay. Keep posting, you're sure to find something of interest.

Welcome, Robert.  Our member, letsavagoo, would have been there during that time. 1966, I think it was.  FFGS was no longer an option in 1969, so I ended up at The Manning. I had several friends who were at FFGS, though.  I'd love to hear your memories of it.

1 hour ago, Robert Clay said:

I was there 1963 to 1970

Hi Robert, I hope you're well and life has been kind to you.

I was at FFGS 1961-6. I vaguely remember your name. I think you would have been in the same year as my best friend and neighbour Peter Tulley and Tony Otter who was my ex wife's brother. You probably also know Geoff Burns and Jane Bird nee Richardson who I worked with at Boots.

Lesley Harrison (now Purser), Carol Dickens (the sister of my good friend Charles aka Tony, who I'm still in touch with) and Elaine Casterton are all on Facebook.

Peter Tulley was sadly killed on his motorbike on the Isle of Man in 1976. He went to Stanley Rd Boys before FFGS.

I've had a few mails from Tony who now lives in London.

What did you get up to after FFGS?

Best wishes.  Ian Cresswell 

15 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Any relation to Janette Casterton, Mess?  She was a friend of my sister's at Berridge. Small world!

Indeed it is Jill,

Janette is Elaine's older sister. I think Elaine was at Berridge too. IIRC the family lived close to the school.

Janette is on Facebook as Janette Poyser.

Yes, Janette was due to join us for our Berridge visit earlier this month but had to pull out due to other commitments. I must try to contact Elaine to see whether she has any Berridge photos for our school photo archive project.