1979 - Raleigh - Cocked Hat - Rock 'n roll

It's strange how you've put this video on today, Cliff Ton. Yesterday, I was looking on the Internet for something and noticed the video. Despite having the CD, I watched it all the way through and noticed that I hadn't changed a bit since 1979 :blush:. It was a great atmosphere in the Cocked Hat and there were some terrific Rock & Roll bands that played there.

clive is a good friend of our known him since about 1965 still spinning the vynil records at least once aweek at various places around nottingham and derbyshire a bit greyer now be still east to recognize more later got to go out

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Without even realising, i most likely bumped into Michael Booth at this venue, i heard Sleepy la Beef in late 1977 and was hooked..Rockabilly and Rock n Roll..great to see Whirlwind/Crazy Cavan or Freddie Fingers.

Phsyco billy then hit the scene.

Some pub called The Steam Boat? was a great place too.

The Hucknall gig and The Blue Boar remind me of Billy Fury who i saw there...gonna play a Ron Wycherley for our Carni later!