Trent Bridge school for boys.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was constantly slippered by Mr Hall at Beeston Fields juniors....he was pure evil.......... It made me realise that teaching was my future career and discipline did not have to be in the form of p

I was at Trent Bridge from 55/59 along with Michael B (although he has a few problems remembering) the new headmaster in 1955 Mr Green (later I think at Ellis) could be a rather disagreeable chap as

Drove past our old school on Wednesday as I was having a look at the 'old Meadows' School totally demolished. Many happy memories of the old place, mates and teachers. Kind regards, Tony

Brought some memories back this post did.

Mr Chalkley (Science), Webb (Tech drawing), Baines (Headmaster), Spencer (History), Williams (RI & Music), Curry (RI), Medley or Smedley (English?), Simons (Art), Piggy Roberts (Woodwork), Marmaniac (Metalwork), the tall teacher who took maths and gave the cane in front of the school?

1959 to 1962.

Anyone help with names of the other teachers.... oh yes, the suitable named Mr Atlas (physical jerks).

• Upvote 2

TGC,

Joe Currah also taught French without a French accent. After 4 years we were only still half way through book one!!

Pop Williams ( Harry ) only taught music when I was at TB. He sucked 'tunes' and used the strap quite often. An odd chap!!

John B Simons lived at East Leake.

Also I recall Mr Chambers and the school secretary was a Mrs Bloor ( or something like that ) Mr Medley taught English and loved to recite 'Moonfleet'

Kind regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

TGC,

Joe Currah also taught French without a French accent. After 4 years we were only still half way through book one!!

Pop Williams ( Harry ) only taught music when I was at TB. He sucked 'tunes' and used the strap quite often. An odd chap!!

John B Simons lived at East Leake.

Also I recall Mr Chambers and the school secretary was a Mrs Bloor ( or something like that ) Mr Medley taught English and loved to recite 'Moonfleet'

Kind regards

Tony

Spot on Tony thanks.

Pop Williams was indeed an odd one - I originally thought it was Polos he was chewing, but thinking about it, I reckon your right about the Tunes mate.

I got the strap off of him regularly for no reason?

Cheers.

They all seemed to be good shots with the rubber & chalk, & I can still feel Mr Marciniac twisting the hairs on the back of my neck. :)

By gum yes... I'd forgotten his habit of enjoying doing that mate. Yer right! Ta.

• 1 month later...

They all seemed to be good shots with the rubber & chalk, & I can still feel Mr Marciniac twisting the hairs on the back of my neck. :)

I remember that simons the art teacher drove a Hillman imp ... my god I even remember the reg number... he always said " wife without the i 45" so it was wfe 45.. now how sad is that lol. he used to draw and illustrate maps... mr Rutt was the gym teacher... and Peachell was geography... he had a deformed hand, ... we joked about him and a lady teacher having an affair... her name was miss matepiece...Mr chalkley was science teacher ... always wore a 3 piece suit with very baggy trousers... nice guy though I liked him...got cain of chambers a few times... always said " assume the possision" ..lol.. Humphrey was maths teacher...My brother and I were I same class as Robert Perkins and John Ogram..(oggie)... never a dull moment lol... I still laugh at the stuff Rob and oggie got up too....does anyone know who painted Rutt is a ..B---- on school roof ?...and yes marsiniak was a crewl man.. that hair twisting thing had me a few times.. any how ... all the best everyone at TB... hope hear from you.

• Upvote 1

My Cousin Vincent Bentley & his mate from next door (something Fry?) claims to have wrote "Rutt is a barsteward on the roof." Still not sure if I was being had.

Mr Marciniak was supposed to soak his canes in oil, not sure if true but it flipping well hurt. He was a friend of my Dads & I thought he'd never cane me, how wrong I was.

Got walloped in assembly in front of the whole school by Pot Leg Bill for laughing at a gormless lad, he said "a boy over there seems to find something funny at the back" (I was smallest in the class so had to stand at the front) I knew he meant me & smirked & paid the price. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life. :)

• Upvote 2

Having got missen thrown int canal at an early age - swimming lessons came to an end fer me!

Guilty - I used to knick-off en route to the Portland baths for lessons. Hide, and rejoin the lads on the walk back!

Amazing really, but no one seemed to notice me absence?

Tsk!

I knew it was referring to 'Bill', but now you come to mention it, it did say 'pot leg'.

Remember im on the morning, stood on the pavement of Green Street outside the gates glaring up at it, hopping from

one leg to another, face as red as a beetroot.

I would suspect Bill Bains got his own back sooner or later.

Wonder how we would've turned out if he wasn't a Bastard?

I wish there were more Headmasters like him today.

• Upvote 2

Mick,

I would gladly scan and send TB bits and bobs I have ,including the school magazine but I have no more idea than the man in the moon how to send them. You and others have been very helpful in the past to 'put' docs /photo's on but it doesn't work for me !!

Kind regards,

Tony

It was pot leg bill is a basta## that was written on the roof and i suspect hoggie knows who dun it the surname began with M mu mul thats all the clues you get

andy charlesworth..??... not sure if my brother and I were in same year as you... David and Philip Hotchkiss...

If you knew Andy Molik, he now lives in Australia.

His wife Caz, (Carol Ann Smith) sadly died a couple of years ago.

Caz was an active member here, hers sister still is a member.

Tony was it mr chambers who had those round glasses and think had a walking stick or am i mixing it up with the stick he used to whack me with.taught me REi think.Be brill if someone could help with those tb bits and bobs

iknow now why i never achieved at school i remember all the trouble but not one iota of educational enrichment still aint done too bad for a meadows non achiever which reading meadows folk posts the meadows served most of us very kindly either through school or through lessons learnt surviving the 50s 60s jungle i loved every bit of my childhood away from school and given my life again i would just rewind and start again with my lovely parents and family and the roughnecks i called my friends RIP to the ones we lost along the way
  • Upvote 1