Dad, I've murdered the goldfish!

When I was younger I decided to clean the goldfish bowl, I put the fish in a collender with cold water running on it like I'd seen Mam do. While washing the bowl I dropped it, it landed on the fish & then smashed, of course the poor fish was defunkt. I flushed the (now very dead) goldfish down the toilet.

When Dad came home he said "what's happened?" I said "I was cleaning the goldfish bowl & smashed it!" he said "where's the fish?" I said "I've flushed it down the toilet!" he then went berserk & ranted & raved calling me stupid, brainless, idiotic & other words. I'd forgot to say that the fish was dead when I'd flushed it down the bog. I was known as the "GOLDFISH MURDERER" after that... :)

• 4 years later...

Had a goldfish called Terry in one of those small bowls, goldfish bowls? Lived for years, remember one day it not looking to clever floating on its side, me Mam emptied the fluid out of that squezzy thing from the Earex bottle & filled it with brandy & gave old Terry a few shots, swam around upside down for while, but next day was all fit & well lived another couple of years, amazing. Cheers Mam x 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, radfordred said:

Had a goldfish called Terry in one of those small bowls, goldfish bowls? Lived for years, remember one day it not looking to clever floating on its side, me Mam emptied the fluid out of that squezzy thing from the Earex bottle & filled it with brandy & gave old Terry a few shots, swam around upside down for while, but next day was all fit & well lived another couple of years, amazing. Cheers Mam x 

Works for me too :rolleyes:

• Like 1