Moving to nottingham

WELLCOME TINKERMAN

I WAS BROUGHT UP IN NETHERFIELD AND THEN MOVED TO CARLTON AND STILL KNOW QUITE A FEW PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS AREA ALWAYS BEEN A FRIENDLY AREA WITH A GOOD COMMUNITY SPIRIT GOOD SHOPING AREA AND ONLY A SHORT JURNEY TO THE TOWN CENTRE AND ALSO WITHIN EASY REACH OF GEDLING AND ARNOLD ONLY ABOUT 4 MILES FRON WERE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE MOMENT SO IF YOU STILL LOOKING THEY MIGHT BE OTHER AREAS FOR YOU TO CONCIDER ALL HAVE EASY ACSESS TO EAST COAST RUN TOO

CONWAY ROAD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A QUIET AREA AND I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE A CHOICE OF TWO OR THREE SCHOOLS FRON THAT AREA OF CARLTON FOR YOUR CHILDREN ALTHOUGH I THINK THE NEAREST ONE IS NETHERFIELD NOW GOT A GOOD REPUTATION DEPENDING ON WERE ON CONWAY RD YOU LOOKING AT WOULD DEPEND ON HOW YOU GOT TO THE SCHOOL IT IS ON CHANDOS ST THIS RUNS JUST ABOUT PARRALEL WITH CONWAY RD BUT THERE IS A RAILWAY TRACK BETWEEN THEMTHERE ARE SHORT CUTS IF YOU ARE AT THE BOTTOM END NEAR THE PLAYING FIELDS IM SURE IF YOU ASK THE LOCALS THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF YOUR CHILDREN NEED TO WALK TO SCHOOL,THERE ARE NOW QUITE A LOT OF LEISURE ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA FOR BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS AND YOU CAN BE IN THE COUNTRY SIDE WITHIN 10 TO 15 MINS DEPENDING ON WERE YOU WISH TO GO AND DO

BABS

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

McCarthy & Stone have just finished a new block of apartments on the Embankment, on the site of the old Becket School. With views and location like that, it's almost worth being old.

#68 I worked with a youth who traveled every morning from Newark to Nottingham & back, we had to listen every morning how many people had cut him up, braked early or late, drove to slow or fast, w

There was this young apprentice that had saved all his dosh & brought some rocket on wheels, he would tank it down the A52 Clifton Bouvard everyday then cut it last minute over three lanes into th

Why not Radcliff on Trent area the other side of he Trent to Calton, you can use the A46 to go to Hull and your wife the A52 or the A6011 to Nottingham, Listening to Radio Nottingham, she will have traffic problems whichever way she goes into Nottingham...

West off the city Beeston/Long Eaton, bad at the moment.

Tram Works construction and A453 conversion to dual carriageway.

Though if you can put up with that for a while, superb transport links after that.

If he's got to drive to Hull, surely north of the city would be favourable.

How about out of the city and into somewhere like Newthorpe, just a hop skip and a jump down the A610, and close to the M1 for going north, two exits to choose from. House prices reasonable too, handy for the tram/bus into town if your wife doesn't want to drive in everyday and for schools. Great youth club in Eastwood for the children of they are of youth club age, but again easy access to anywhere they may want to go for their entertainment. Good selection of shops and supermarkets in Eastwood or Kimberley.

For the trips to Hull, I'd suggest somewhere in close proximity to the A46, now that it has been dualled most of the way to Lincoln. The A614 is now a waste of time with its 50 limits and SPECS cameras for most of the journey up to the A1 interchange.

Add in the need for a commute into Nottm, and I'd certainly suggest somewhere like Bingham or Radcliffe. I know the OP dismissed it, but Bingham also has the advantage of a rail link into town for those snowy days as well as decent schools.

IF YOUR WIFES WORK IS IN CITY CENTRE TRAVEL FROM CONWAY RD BY CAR IS APPROX 20 MINS BUT COULD TAKE UP TO 30 MINS IN RUSH HOUR THERE ARE SEVERAL DIFERENT ROUTES SHE COULD TAKE INTO TOWN DEPENDING ON WERE SHE WORKS IF YOU HAVE TIME WHEN YOU ARE IN NOTTINGHAMIT MIGHT BE WORTH TRYING OUT DIFFERENT ROUTES

Hucknall would be a good location, Bus, Tram & Train to the city. Personaly I prefer the train, approx fifteen mins to the city center only stopping at Bulwell.

Ideal for the M1 J27 for the trips to Hull.

It isn't complicated - once you've made up your mind which bit to move to !

It doesn't matter which area you go to, there are going to be issues getting in and out of the city centre at rush hours. I think folk have mentioned most of the places that are best left on the side of the plate. So it's really up to our friend now. Everyone's comments show that Carlton is a perfectly OK area to move to, so if he's a mind to go there, he won't go far wrong.

I won't be so ungracious as to say any part of Nottingham would be an improvement on Hull. Even Hull has its posh bits - I think !

Ha thanks people, I do actually live about 20 mile out of hull towards the east coast now, but I am hull born and bread, hull city centre is a complete joke to be honest! And the thought of moving back in to hull just doesn't appeal to me at all, but leaving the country bumpkin life and living somewhere a little busier does, and with the wife getting the new job in nottingham, it's a perfect opportunity, I'd also like to think we're giving the kids better opportunities living more central England, only thing I'll miss, is my rugby league, but it's not to far and should still hopefully make games, thank you for all your replies, you notts folkes ain't to bad so far ha, keep the advice coming, making me feel better about the move, thanks

On the subject of Hull, I've often tried to find the answer to a question I dreamed up but never have.

The question is:

Was the town of Hull named after the boat part because they were made there?

Or was the boat part named after the town of Hull because that is where they were made?

Yeah I know it's a city now.

Anyone know?

Me book of place names sez:

Kingston Upon Hull, alternatively called simply Hull, from the river Hull from early times [Hul 1228] the river name being either Old Scandinavian [meaning the deep one] or Celtic] meaning the muddy one]. So now you know.