Moving to nottingham

Hi, trying to do some research on Carlton in Nottingham, with not much look, wife as a new job in Nottingham, so looking for a place to live, we've 3 children so it's a massive decision on the new location, we've seen a house in Carlton was hoping somebody could give us some feedback on the place, pros and cons . Thank you

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

McCarthy & Stone have just finished a new block of apartments on the Embankment, on the site of the old Becket School. With views and location like that, it's almost worth being old.

#68 I worked with a youth who traveled every morning from Newark to Nottingham & back, we had to listen every morning how many people had cut him up, braked early or late, drove to slow or fast, w

There was this young apprentice that had saved all his dosh & brought some rocket on wheels, he would tank it down the A52 Clifton Bouvard everyday then cut it last minute over three lanes into th

This may seem like the Inquisition, but....

Have you ever been to Nottingham? Do you know the place at all? How did you come to find the place at Carlton? If it appeared because you stuck a pin in a map, you ought to look at a few other areas as well just to get a bit of perspective.

Have you had a drive through on Streetview? It's useful because it helps you identify areas which have a large number of stray dogs and a high chav count. Both those features are always visible during the day when the Streetview cars go through any area.

Yes been to Nottingham a few times, nights out and over the recent months to look at different area, liked bingham, but to much of trek in to Nottingham during rush hours, like mapperley, west bridgford, and parts of sherwood, can't find much on Carlton , done the google earth stuff on Carlton looks ok, but the house we've seen we really like the look off, and the local primary school as good reports, the opposite end to where the house is on Conway road looks a little council estate ish, any feedback would be appreciated

Well as an area generally it's not too bad (although someone was knifed to death at the local chip shop).

I guess you must be talking about one of the big terraces at the far end.

It's pretty much on a par with Mappery from a social viewpoint.

At one time they used to get problems with the drainage in the area but that seems to have been sorted.

Considering it's about half the cost of buying in West Bridgford, you could find worse places to live.

I'd say that Nottingham wide it's about 6 out of 10. I live about a five minutes walk from there.

No. Apart from that one incident there are never any issues that I can recall. The local pub (fox) is very quiet.

The council estate down the far end is very quiet too, mostly oldies down there. It's the Nth Notts estates like Fields Farm, Aspley Bilborough that have a bit of a reputation, but most of those aren't that bad.

Welcome Tinkerman :)

I lived in Carlton for some years, until around 96.

Not a bad place at all and easy to get to town.

Local Shopping good, a few areas to go shopping.

The wife's been staying in derby, been taking her 2 hours somedays to get to work! So I think she really needs to be in notts, and to be honest I don't mind a lively place, just want to be somewhere the people are friendly and I can go out without looking over my shoulder all the time, thank you for your reply though