Tinkerman23

Moving to nottingham

I can admit to not enjoying driving I avoid where ever I can, could be something to do with living off Crown Island, can't  stand sitting in traffic, I have pulled off Middleton Bouvard down a side street & left the car & walked & fetched it later. My last car we had it from new, it failed its MOT after 11 years on tyres, the tread was fine, it was the walls of the tyres that had cracked & perished it had done 8000 miles! 

John D Laudermilk wrote and sang it. It was later recorded by the Nashville Teens.

There was this young apprentice that had saved all his dosh & brought some rocket on wheels, he would tank it down the A52 Clifton Bouvard everyday then cut it last minute over three lanes into the slip road, few occasions I managed to time it just right so he could not get in & send him over Clifon Bridge, I waited in the works car park to laugh at him, he was that insenced he slammed his door that hard his front window shattered, laugh nearly shat myself.

Last seen with the engine on his lap taking gas & air while they cut his legs out.

• Upvote 2

#74 The answer is (if anyone cares) is The Humber Bridge Song by that almost local band the Ripley Wayfarers. First heard it at the Ripley Folk Club

in the Horse and Jockey. It is on their album Chips and Brown Sauce, a great local delicacy.

• Upvote 1

Re# 78, I was amused by what Jill said about Goole being desolate. As it is a dismal afternoon I recalled some of the best / worst towns and cities I'd visited during my times following Forest. 

Worst.... Bradford, Halifax, Luton, Wolverhampton.

Best......Southampton, Brighton, Ipswich and Norwich. 

• Upvote 1

FLY, Don't upset Carnie, she's feeling a bit down as it is.  

Which prompts me to echo everyone else's best wishes to you Carnie, hope you're ok me duck. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry Carni, I've only seen the roads leading to Molyneaux. Cheer up gel. 

• Upvote 1

Bradford!! I unwisely followed the satnav back home when we were up in the Dales last week and got caught in Bradford in the rush hour. God help us - what a dreadful place! 

#82................nearly concur fly,........Luton awful and Bradford,but loved Brighton and Norwich,and just to cheer Carnie up and Wolverhampton.....

I've passed through it twice recently and as you say truly horrendous. Traffic lights everywhere, you need three sets of eyes there.

I followed my satnav heading north, and I ended up in the bleddy bus station after going the wrong way down a one way street. 

Oh Benjamin, your not creeping again are you? Are you hoping she's going to sing for you. 

I'll tell you one thing, ill give you ten out of ten for trying. 

Luton is a dire hole of a place..twinned with Chernobyl me thinks!

Don't like Cardiff neither.

Exeter is a grand little spot.. as is Huddersfield.

If i was to move back to Nottm....it would be Bottesford or the like.

Rooftop Apt near or in the Park would suit... bit near family though!!

Talking of dire..... Watford definitely comes into that category.

Yes IAN.....................Love Exeter wife family all down there,visit often.........wouldn't live in a Village again (except Bestwood) think next move will be a nice apartment.........Nottingham or Spain either will do................

They say that their are some lovely des-res bijou apartments in ASPLEH Ian...........LOL !

• Upvote 1

In 1972,our Corporation house had to be vacated..the cellar was flooding,there was no damp in this house on Skynner st.the gaps under the doors and ill fitting glass saw that there was ample ventilation!

We viewed several houses in areas i shuddered at - Broxtowe, Aspley and Clifton ( Dunsbury Close?) Eventually we opted for Grind - on as we called it.

Wonder where I'd move to now?

8 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Hey Ian - I lived in Aspley when I was a new born babe. Decided to leave when I was one year old.

A wise move Pete !