Mrs Parnham of Netherfield .

HAPPY BIRTH BAY TO MRS PARNHAM GREAT PHOTOES OF HER AND ALL HER FAMMILY INCLUDING HER NEW GREAT GREAT GRANDAUGHTER BON LAST WEDNESSDAY IN TODAYS POST I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE HER LOOKING SO HAPPY AND WELL AND IF I DID NOT KNOW HER I WOULD NEVER BELIVE SHE IS NOW 100 YEARS OLD ONCE AGAIN HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEM.

I don't know her but she was born in the same year as my Mum and Dad who were born in Carlton so they may have known her. Her hubby was on the railway too , as were quite a few of my ancestors at that time .

Mrs Parnhams Evening Post story here :

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Mama-celebrates-impressive-family-party/story-20093760-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1

HAVE KNOWN MRS PARNHAM ALL MY LIFE SHE LIVED ON THE NEXT ST TO US AND ONE OR THE OTHER OF HER KIDS WAS ALWAYS AT OUR HOUSE WE WERE ALL OF SIMMILAR AGES AND USED TO PLAY TOGETHER A LOT ON THE WASTE LAND AND ALLOTMENTS AT THE BACK OF HER HOUSE . THE LADS WERE FRIENDS WITH MY BROTHER MICK TERRY AND JOHN WERE ALL INTO MOTORBIKES IN THERE TEENS AND WOULD GO OUT WITH MY OLDER BROTHER ON HIS BIKE OR DOWN THE FIELDS SHOOTING OR FISHING THEN BACK TO OUR HOUSE TO GET READY TO GO TO THE PUB OR JUST STAY IN LISTENING TO RECORDS AND CHATTING. WE HAD SOME GOOD TIMES TOGETHER SO MANY HAPPY MEMORIES. MR PARNHAM ALWAYS GOT AN EXTRA TICKET FOR THE RAILWAY MANS CHILDRENS PARTY FOR ME I THINK SOME PEOPLE JUST THOUGHT I WAS ONE OF HIS KIDS

• Upvote 1