I understand what you mean, darkazana (I just love that name) when you state 'the personal touch' but I wasn't sure what the £7 a year was for. With the e-card you have a wide choice of cards including cartoon type jokes of your own topic and the music to go with it. If it's sent for children then they can watch it many times over. But, it's like you state, it's what you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more scared of Mrs Catfan than the Dentist !

BAAAAANG !

Darkazana, post # 15. I absolutely agree with you that this Large Letter issue is a complete rip-off and the Post Office have had this rule in operation for a number of years now. Our local office i

Because  the Nottingham Council is still BILLIONS in debt (not mere millions) due to financial incompetence.

Not according to their draft Statement of Accounts for 2012/13. They have a £28m surplus - before the next set of government cuts push them into the red.

http://open.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/comm/download3.asp?dltype=inline&filename=57394/Draft_Statement_of_Accounts_3.pdf

To cover the extra cost of the wages of the people who are working on New Year's Eve night to keep you fed and watered?

Rubbish ! When I worked on xmas & new years eve we got nothing extra for working those evenings.

Some pubs introduced an admission charge a few years ago for new years eve, that is a blatant rip off in my opinion, then people wonder why supermarkets do well flogging cheap ale.

Also double fares for taxis ! What next, double price for gas & electric ?

Roll on the revolution.

• 1 month later...

I went to pick someone up from Manchester airport, Pick up point was signposted so followed it. Next minute I am in the car park, pick up waiting passengers and straight to exit. £2.80 please, no other way of picking up.

I went to pick someone up from Manchester airport, Pick up point was signposted so followed it. Next minute I am in the car park, pick up waiting passengers and straight to exit. £2.80 please, no other way of picking up.

What.............Youv'e got to be having a laugh Den !

Costs nothing to pick-up or drop-off at Glasgow airport. Except that unless you have an accredited taxi, it's about 100yds away from the terminal thanks to the terrorists who tried to drive into the terminal.

One positive about Manchester Airport, though. In these rip-off times, I had a sausage & bacon cob (2 sausages and 2 rashers) with free sauce, and a large coffee in Greggs in Arrivals, while waiting for visitors from Canada. Cost me all of £2.

When I made arrangements, and was given times for delivery of me BT broadband thingamigig - I waited all day (0700hrs to 1600hrs the time given me by BT, for delivery). I stayed sat at the window for this period.

After ringing BT, they said they would ring me back.

I then called Daybrook postal services - who arrogantly told me it had been delivered at 0715hrs that morning. Again, as often in the past, I explained that a road of the same name but without the e on the end, often got my mail, buy had a differing post code - I knew this, because I often got their mail - No no he said. it had been delivered to the right house he assured me!

BT did not ring back - so in the morning I phoned them again and explained the situation.

They said they would ring back.

They did not.

So I rang them again, but could not understand a word the chap was saying.

I rang off, and dialled again.

Got an English speaking chap this time - explained everything again, and he said he'd look into it and ring back.

He did. Said he phoned the postal service, and got the same crap off of them. He would arrange delivery of another box, and gave me the day and times of the expected delivery.

It came on time.

Sometimes wish it hadn't now - the reception is crap!

Tsk!