Sorry to put it this way Ashley but that is a complete and utter load of B*****ks, yesterdays rules.

That code of practice dated 1994 has been superseded and amended that many times I would be here all day typing the difference's.

The major change that this concerns came about in 1998 Approved by R A Banner on the 12th October and coming into force 31st October 1998.

First paragraph.

These Regulations........

Require work on a gas fitting to be carried out only by a competent person blah blah blah ....are required to be a member of a class of persons approved by the HSE at the time of this publication this means they should be registered with CORGI. Though even that has changed now to The Gas Safe Register.

That's when DIY became illegal, that's when it became law that everyone who works for a company working on gas had to be individually registered not just the boss.

No one but a Gas Safe Registered engineer can work on gas sensitive parts i.e. The fuel gas, the exhaust gas, and the combustion air gas.

You let me know the next time you service a gas appliance and I will prove it to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more scared of Mrs Catfan than the Dentist !

BAAAAANG !

Darkazana, post # 15. I absolutely agree with you that this Large Letter issue is a complete rip-off and the Post Office have had this rule in operation for a number of years now. Our local office i

I'd best not tell the owner of this then lol, thinking about it it was corgi who sent me the confirmation, it was I think about that time I retired early at 52, will have to get the tipex out, only joking not done anything apart from my own boiler

Nothing to do with Nottingham, but on our recent trip over there I took the girls from Lytham, up the road to Blackpool. Parked at the south end opposite the Pleasure Beach, pointed to Blackpool Tower and told them that's where we are walking to. I wanted them to experience a seaside promenade, with the sticks of rock, Kiss Me Quick hats (never saw one) sugar willies! et al. I wanted them to see inside the tower and go up it for the view. After our 2 mile walk, went inside, only to find that to do everything in there costs £47. Yikes. How about just going up the tower? That costs £15. How about the ballroom (lovely inside) That's closed today for a function. At least we got a lot of walking in and it was a lovely day (Bank holiday Monday, bags of sunshine) But, how do families afford to go in for the day?

• Upvote 2

Sorry to read you visited on the day the Ballroom was booked Katyjay. We had a dance weekend at Blackpool with our dance school in the spring of 2012/13/14. The Ballroom is the most ornate room I have ever seen. I spent most of my time in there, just looking around. It takes you back in time. It cost us £10 each to dance: we had the afternoon tea with sandwiches and scones! You could go and sit in the balcony to view the dancing for free.

I know what you mean about the Sugar Williams everywhere! lol :blush:

• Upvote 1

I was surprised to read about the scandalous charges at the Blackpool Tower. I've been to see the Illuminations but never been in the Blackpool Tower. After reading katyjay's post I don't think I ever will.

I always thought a Sweet William was a plant. :biggrin:

As bachman turner overdrive sang in '74 " You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet". Here in paddy paradise ( ?? ) you are gleaned 15 euros to view the mountains of morn! Tesco deli counter sausages- 50 cents EACH!! Guiness-- dont go there!! Catholic country my hole!!-- make Barabas look like Ma Theresa here!!

• 2 months later...

Rip off Amazon, today I ordered one item cost £7.15[a small item and very light] plus p&p which cost £6.04 WHAT THE....... £13.19 in total, order cancelled. Amazon says because it is a third party seller they set their own p&p cost. Been on ebay same item same price free p&p ordered.

• Upvote 1