Foster Parents Needed For Special Needs Boy

You certainly make me smile, TGC. Good people don't always get the breaks they deserve in this life.

Thanks MB.

I can't complain Sir. Plenty worse off than me... or should that be I?

I've got several bones left that I haven't broken yet. Oh course me ticker has been broke in more ways than one, Mother ran away, I was born with a minuscule appendage, I scare even myself when I look in the mirror, I'm only 5'2" an a bit tall, no education, scared of women, me eyesight if fading, me hearing getting worse, Arthur Itis visiting more often than ever, duodenal ulcer playing up, Angina a pest, me cat's disappeared, the roof needs mending and I can't afford it, when I've taken me morning medications, there is little room fer me porridge left, and passing anything from me orifices is a daily painful challenge yer know. And... getting out of me daily clobber and into me pyjamas, is time consuming, dangerous, and usually accompanied with curse words, stubbed toes and various knocks and bruises.

But it's a challenge innit?

Hehehe... you've got to laugh. (I hope?)

As my Grandma used to say: "Better to fart and feel the shame, than not to fart and feel the pain...." I now know exactly what she meant - bless her memory.

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottinghamshire Council provides a range of services to cater for children of all ages, and aims to provide quality foster care placements to meet each child’s individual needs in respect of race, cul

Thanks MB. I can't complain Sir. Plenty worse off than me... or should that be I? I've got several bones left that I haven't broken yet. Oh course me ticker has been broke in more ways than one, M

Make several more, and then say you have to deliver them to the next meet-up where they will be assessed by a panel of experts. That'll increase the attendance numbers.

TGC.....I reckon that anyone suffering from depression or just feeling sad at their own lot in life should be compelled to read your posts!

They would wonder whatever they had had to complain, worry or feel down about in the first place when compared to your ongoing trials and tribulations in life. bowdown

• Upvote 2

Welcome back, coming on here tonight and reading your posts has cheered me up no end. So thanks mate keep the laughs coming and we hope your feeling much better soon

• Upvote 1

tgc you always make me laugh too and remind me of my mums late cusin died a few years ago age 87he was born with ceribel paulsey and given just months to live among his disabilities one leg shorter than the other hence a very bad limp bad eyesight bottletop thick classes earing aidsbut when in public always had a smile for every one always worked cleaner at home ales factory had a go at any thing he fancid doing boxing ballroom dancing footballhe triedevery thing inclouding several diferent churches eventualy in his seventies he became a cathlic even after being babtised he asked the priest in fun su dose that mean i can hear now making every one in the service inclouding the priest laugh he never gave up despite what life through at him his father deserted him and his mother when he was still only a todler his mother died when he was in his teens and he became homeless and for a while he lived in a hostle for a while untill the family found him his father again dis owned him during this period he then spent years being pushed from pillow to posts living with one or another of his aunts and thena couson untill she had to go into a home herself he was given a council flat were he lived happily for about 12 years untilhe was not able to look after himself anymore and he moved into a care home for the last five years of his lifehe was an insperation to many including me and when i am having a bad day if think how lucky i have been compeared to ianand how he used to make us laugh not at him but with him.

• Upvote 4

It's the only way to deal with old age illnesses. Just laugh at them. At least they can't remove your sense of humour. Just carry on laughing.

tgc you always make me laugh too and remind me of my mums late cusin died a few years ago age 87he was born with ceribel paulsey

I remember as kids being frightened by a CP sufferer, a youth who lived on Bunbury Street. Edward if I remember, in the end we used to take him walks down the Rock Gardens and embankment in his wheelchair. I saw mentioned elsewhere recently about the artist who did watercolor views of Nottingham on paper plates.

He did one free for him. I often wonder what happened to Edward.

Thanks fch782c, darkanza, jackson, and piggy and babs - nice to be missed... I think?

I used to walk down Bunbury Street on the way to school sometimes. I hope Edward did alright.

A touching story here abut two girls with CP that had me in tears.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2014-01-16/young-girl-with-cerebral-palsy-reaches-donation-target/

I gorrup abaght 0700hrs today.

'Ad me porridge un cuppa strong tea, took me medications, even had a a wash un shave, and changed me socks. Planned the day ahead.

Launderette first - must remember to take me rubber ball thingies for the drier, change fer the machines... ding well 'ere I thought.

Hobbled with me two bags of togs to the launderette, hearin' aid in me tab holes, glasses on me 'ead - so far so good methought...

Got int' launderette and greeted the gal there - then nipped home again fer me missing ball and washin' powder. Tsk!

Got back finished me washin', and John gave me a lift home 'cause of the heavy rain wot were fallin'.

Put washin' away - then got me NRI Warfarin attendance record, and nibbles fer the nurses ready go to QMC fer me weekly tests.

As I dropped off the 2nd bus, the rain turned to snow, so I must have looked a right sad personage when they called me in quickly - but it was nice to see smiling laughing faces greet me.

I wrung out me hat and squelched me rotund floppy body into the chair, tests done, nibbles handed over. and farewells bid - the snow had reverted to rain, and I limped across Derby Road and caught a bus - the wrong bus!

Got off it and walked a decent way to catch me next bus. Flashed me bus pass, sat down - then regretted leavin' me gloves on the other bus. Tsk again!

Dropped off early at Lidl to get some cobs and Marmite, (and I was not sneered at or overcharged this time!) Got back to the hovel, hung me togs to dry a bit - put me washin' away, started to make me Marmite cobs and a cuppa - but decided that having dropped and smashed me jar of Marmite, I made some out of date lemon curd cobs instead.

Stubbed me toe going upstairs, went in the bathroom and found I'd left the tap running and heater on.

In other words... a normal day fer me really!

TTFN all.

A good friend of mine Chris Channon MBE was born with cerebral palsy (it affects his speech & gives him mobility problems) but a true Nottingham lad he never let it get in his way. Even the way we met was a story to tell.

A bright sunny morning in the mid 70s and as usual I was on a target range at Ravenshead with my buddies from the Notts And Derby Vintage Arms Society NADVAS when a bedraggled figure came lurching out of the thorn bushes that surround the range. At first Chris is difficult to understand when you first meet him but he does not have a problem making known his wishes. He was staying at the college for the disabled at the time and having heard us shooting and having a interest in the sport he came across the fields and pushed his way through the thorn bushes to introduce his self.

His request for membership was approved and he set about his 6 months probationary period much to the consternation of some. No wonder, Chris has trouble with holding his hands and arms steady (except when holding a glass of whisky). So there he would be with a borrowed rifle wobbling all over the place, other shooters standing well to one side when all of a sudden he would get control, lock the rifle into his shoulder and squeeze the trigger.

He soon got good, very good Paralympics Holland 1980, silver medal Paralympics New York 1984. Though he always tongue in cheek accused the gold medallist of cheating after all he was sat in a wheel chair whilst Chris was standing!!!

By the way Chris if you ever read this be careful mate or I shall relate the tale of your 21st birthday and the run up to Sheffield.

• Upvote 4

I kip on the floor yer know Mick - nice and firm so the back don't play up.

Just had me porridge and medications, now I have the envious task of laying back in me sleepin' bag laptop on arthritic knees, we a nice strong cuppa - deciding whether to get up and go to B&M to try and get some more cheapo porridge pots, should I rub some more pain gel in me shoulders, and considering the slight possibility of actually getting up and facing the mammoth task of getting dressed an washed and shaved (at least I don't have to boil a few kettles for this job nowadays hehe)

Decisions decisions, perhaps I'll... no! The WC is suddenly beckoning rather urgently... TTFN...

A beckoning WC ! - There's a concept to conjure with

It's s concept that guarantees pain and struggling fer me Stephen. Tsk!

Still, at least I'm here to tackle it.

Furosemide tablets work wonders yer know,

When you've just got to go,

Be prepared, take a paper or the Beano,

And be ready to shout out: Oh, oh... oh!

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...

I wus so proud of missen last Monday... I really wus!

I got up good un early like - made sure I 'ad a good clean up.

Got all me required samples ready to take wimme to the hospital.

Ensured I'd got me shoes and not slippers on.

Bus pass in me pocket.

Hearing aids de-coked and new batteries in.

Cleaned and wore the right spectacles.

Rubbed me pain-gel into me knees, took me medications rememberin' not to take me water tablet.

Remembered the time of appointment, 1000hrs.

Remembered to take me walking stick, midday medications, paperwork and to lock the door behind me as I set off on me hobble...

Such a shame...

When I arrived, I was informed that the appointment was for the next Monday!

There are times when I even surprise missen wi me incompetence and failin' memory.

Tsk!

• Upvote 3

I thought I wus improving...

Yesterday, I got all me things right and remembered fer me NRI tests at the QMC.

This morning I wrote down all me questions to ask at the City Homes desk, remembered me glasses, hearing aids, pen etc. Dead chuffed I wus.

Then the chap asked fer me log on detail... Tsk!

TTFN all.

• 1 month later...