Smoking - a thing of the past!

Well I for one am very pleased that the smoking vote went the way that it did, I expect that I'll be in lots of folks bad book for taking this stand. I will no longer have to stand in a bar enjoying my pint of real ale whilst getting lathered with other folks second hand smoke. I will no longer wake up next morning and smell smoke on my clothes and more importantly I will be able to go to public places and be in a more healthier environment. I now stand by for an onslaught of critisism. smokingkills

Giz a fag, Ive gotta get a crack on..... :ph34r:

Bloody 'ell, 'e's gorra big gob smile2

No fags then!.. that should be interesting, expecting those with a lifetime's habit not to smoke in the company of their friends, well what about the ale and beer, is this soon to be banned too? what with the aftemath of the drunken brawls down at accident and emergency, and the high occurence of drunken driving, and not forgetting the rotting of the liver, it makes sense this should be banned asap..

In frustration of all this prohibition, I envisage a time when Lucozade fuelled brawls will spill out onto the pavements .. the mob, high on glugose syrup, citric acid, and caffeine, will emerge with flatulatic exuberance shouting, belching and throwing empty cans.. thus it will be back to square one, as the banning of one particular item, can only lead to a problem with another.

Totally agree...

Why can't people be left to regulate themselves? Are we so thick we have to be told what to drink/eat/smoke?

I am not a smoker now but I was in the past, I now hate the smell of the dreaded weed but I do not expect the smoker to stop doing it in my company. I have had to stop eating chocolate but I don't expect all and sundry to do the same where I am.

As for Lucazade, that finally pushed me over the edge many years ago, I cannot touch it anymore and I belong to LA (Lucazde's Annonymous) one glass and I am stupid, two glasses and I am anybodies...

A ;)

and I reckon..
This new ban could be circumvented by the wearing of a totally enclosed environment, akin to the suit they wore on the space missions.. by the fitting of a smoke filter it would be quite possible to enjoy one's habit whilst not infringing on others who would perhaps be eating their meal of pork scratchings or smokey bacon crisps..
and whilst you stand there sipping your pint through the one-way valve in the helmet, those trips to the loo would be a thing of the past, merely waiting till one got home to empty the reservoir.. and when the missus enquires "where you bl**dy well bin till this hour"? .. you can merely turn down the sound interface device to level 0 - and politely nod!

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I believe that original tobacco, that is before the commercial boys got hold of it, was in fact almost hallucinogenic in its narcotic strength and used by Shamen to induce trance-like states of mind.

• Like 1

I thought it was only me that suffered from new sofaritis, Rog.  Closely related to new countertopitis.  ;). Both conditions contribute to a trancelike state of mind unless you turn your hearing aids off first.

• Like 2

Thing is we never sit in the living room where the sofa is, the last one was well over a grand and  it's not been sat on yet  after having it for over a year?????

P1050779.jpg

Could have got a load of new parts for me trike for that money

Rog

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...