Well it's the day at Dallas today, fifty years ago. Is there any truth in the conspiracy theories? Was he shot from the front at the grassy knoll? And what happened to Kennedy's brain? Apparently it went missing and never turned up again.

Do you believe the official version of LH Oswald doing the deed?

BTW why is the place now referred to as the 'Book DEPOSITORY' when at the time it was called the 'Book REPOSITORY'?

:mellow: President Kennedy's brain was blown to pieces.

I believe it was a conspiracy: American Army and Mafia; Lee Harvey Oswald was used as a decoy.

Why did Jack Ruby (Mafia) shoot Oswald a couple of days after the event? It was done to silence him. Jack Ruby already had cancer and he became a privileged prisoner.

American Army Generals saw John F Kennedy as too liberal and this was not wanted during the time of the Cold War.

I've always thought that the man behind it was J Edgar Hoover.

He hated Kennedy for his liberalism and support for equal rights, I firmly believe he also had Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King shot too.

When Hoover died, there's no wonder there was panic in the FBI to destroy all his files and tapes before anyone found out the things he'd done during his long career!

:mellow:BilboroLad, Kennedy wanted to avoid war at any cost. Sure he had an ego, he was handsome and extremely charismatic. He never wanted to be President, it was a wish of his father's fulfilled. Kennedy did his best; it is only in the aftermath that his Statesmanship has become appreciated.

Kennedy was a massive security risk. He was a serial womaniser who would jump into bed with anything female which moved. It was only a matter of time before he came seriously unstuck; he was in intimate situations with women who could have been planted by foreign powers, gangsters, blackmailers, big business.

The legend has lasted because he died before he made any big errors of judgement - or at least before they were discovered.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the video the fatal shot seems to have come from the front while the nonfatal neck shot seems to have come from the rear.

The guy giving the press conference at the end points to the front forehead when he says that the president died from a shot through the head.

The secret service agent that jumped on the back of the car was on TV last night and clearly said that the damage was at the back of Kennedy's head. ie the exit wound.

So how could Oswald have fired the fatal shot from the rear?

And was the bullet ever found? It should have gone through the back of the drivers seat - but he was never hit.

There's a new book on the subject, written after more information was released the last couple of years.

Lots of theories why he was murdered, one being he was due to put the US Dollar back on the gold standard, that would have cost the "Banksters" billions in lost profits, so probably the real reason why.

Re #8 being "handsome" and " charismatic "are certainly not the essential credentials for being good at the job.

I thought he was a creep like his murdering brother Edward.

I honestly believe we will never know what really happened, well certainly not in our life times, there are so many lies being told by all sides.

Even the rifle type an Italian Carcano 6.5mm built in 1940 is used by both sides. Some quote that the wound as presented could not have been made with a shot to the back of the head but in reality the 6.5mm x 52mm bullet is a blunt round nose design which could easily produce this effect. The bluntness of the bullet would leave a large entry wound, whilst its sturdiness could hold it together and produce a lesser exit wound.

I am fairly sure it was a conspiracy of some sort by persons unknown to us at this time. There again I am also fairly sure the rifle could have fired the fatal shots and it was traced back to Oswald and had his palm print on it.

As to the missing brain to be shot with a 6.5 mm rifle at that range you would be lucky to end up with a head at all never mind a large portion of brain missing. The bullet a blunt round nose type would impact over a larger area than a modern bullet shattering the skull to pieces and those pieces would act like shrapnel in the soft tissue of the brain

The bullet in question is a 162 grain jacketed bullet travelling at some 700mps. This is made with a lead core to give it weight and therefore high kinetic energy, this core is covered with a thin copper coat to take up the rifling.

As it hits target the heavier lead causes the bullet to start to break up, that's why there was very little but the copper jacket left after it had pasted through two people.

Has for bullet alignment the 6.5mm x 52mm round nose is well known for its propensity to 'tumble' in soft tissue, therefore it would be quite possible for the entry and exit wounds to be miss aligned.

But a tumbling bullet would hardly make a neat exit hole in a different line to where it entered. A bullet breaking up would take off the entire side of the head opposite to where it entered.

I'm no ballistic expert but how I see it is this.

The bullet (whatever type) would pass through the scalp, punch a neat hole in the skull and when it hit the soft tissue would create a forward moving shock/bow wave that would take off the other side of the skull to which it entered. That would mean entry at the front (as the man in the video suggested).

They said his cerebellum was hanging out. That is located at the top of the spinal column and must have been pushed out from within. A strike from the back on the cerebellum would vapourise it.

As a 12 year old I probably wouldn't have given American presidents, good or bad, much thought. however, over the years I have learnt that the Kennedy's were not particularly fond of the British, especially John's father Joseph who is said to have positively hated us.

The thing is that if you look at the morgue shots you can clearly see the neat exit hole from the first bullet, neat as you like - but there is no facial wound visible whatsoever. Surely if the film footage was right showing his head exploding there would only be half a face left - but it's unmarked.

Personally I like the theory by an Australian detective which shows the fatal shot came from a `secret serviceman'(employed as a temporary driver,but recruited for the day due to the drunken state of the normal detail). Have a look at the photo of the skull showing the huge exit wound caused by the type of round used by them,as compared with the 2 rounds from Oswald.

If you get the chance it is so beautifully studied and detailed ,have a look at the documentary/investigation by the Australian detective,in every detail, to make sure the secret service avoided blame. A most brilliantly worked ,and methodical investigation.