Nottm born & Nottm fled

It would be interesting to find out from thdse of us born in nottingham where we now populate and include children and grand children starting wiyh us children if different grandchildren if different include anywhere that is not in nottm or notts lets see how far we can round the country and the world.say which part of any country .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Born Rosetta Rd New Basford, moved to St Albans Rd Bulwell just up from the railway crossing at 17. Then to Harmston Rise Heathfield at 19. Left home a few months later and moved to Buxton to court SW

Aspleh as a baby, Speechely St as a toddler, then Peveril St for 15 years before moving to Carlton. Married and bought house in Loughborough, then on the Keyworth and now near Stafford, part time in F

You upset Mrs Ben and you'll probably go to A&E, followed by ICU, followed by....one of those big black vans marked Private Ambulance. So, behave yersen! 

At the moment living just outside Newark on Lincs border, born in Hucknall lived most of life in Watnall until getting married ( Mum still there). Daughters in Somerset, Witney, Mansfield, Ilsen and Scampton (Youngest still at home) Brothers in Wales, Selston and Brighton, Sisters in Durham and Nuthall.

Been "abaht" a bit has me, left Nottingham in 75 to work in North Yorks, migrated to Oz in 79, married an American and eventually moved stateside to southern Missouri after a few years in the Sacramento area.

Have a Sister in Hucknall, Daughter in North Yorks, a Son in Sacramento.

One Aunt left, and she still lives in her council house on Clifton Estate.

Two other Pommy cousins in Oz, one isn't from Nottingham, she is a Reading lass living in Canberra, and a Nottingham cousin who lives in East Gippsland, Victoria.

• Upvote 1

Born Cinderhill, now in Arizona. 2 brothers in the Bulwell area, their kids are in Bulwell, Bestwood and London. My kids are all scattered around Arizona, although only one was born in Nottingham. I in Melton Mowbray the other in Chertsey, Surrey.

Commo, re #5. My husband's cousin at one time lived in New Mills, just outside Holmfirth, we used to visit them and of course look where Last of the Summer Wine was taped.

I was born in Arnold. Now live in Pentwater, Michigan, USA. Two sisters, one near Retford, the other in Whitley Bay! One son, born in Worcester, Massachusetts who lives in Sandown, New Hampshire!

• Upvote 1

Born in Nottingham. Married and then lived in Glasgow. Back to Nottingham and now live in Mansfield. 1 son lives in Derby, the other about half a mile from where I was born in Bilborough. My brother lived first in Newcastle, then London, then Bilbao, then Hull, and now lives in Oakham.

Born in Nottingham, lived in Bulwell, Married a lass from North London, brought her to Nottingham, lived on Southey Street Hyson Green, the back to Bulwell, then to Newthorpe Common near Eastwood, then to St.Albans. I have have two sons one in Harpenden Herts and one in Reading.

I have a brother now in Lincolnshire near Boston.

Born Highbury Vale Hospital 1949

Lived above paternal grandparents shop in Carlton till 1953 then To Welbeck Avenue(off Westdale Lane) till 1967.

Short spell in London area(Railway) then Loughborough since 1971.

Nottinghamshire border is only about half a mile away from me as the crow flies

I was born in The Firs, lived in Netherfield, then Arnold. Got married in 1975 to a Southerner. Moved to Banbury, then Leighton Buzzard, Beds. then Wingrave, Bucks. then Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Nine years ago moved back to Nottingham, but not forever. My brother still lives in Arnold. One of our sons lives in Berkhamsted and the other in Woburn. Must say though, living back in Nottingham has been great, the city has everything I could ever wish for and the county is beautiful with so much to see and do, I've explored the area much more this time around as before I left in 1975 I didn't have a car.

• Upvote 1

Iam not pure Nottinghamshire, born in Cambridge to a couple from Lincolnshire, we moved to Langar when I was 3yo, I have 5 children 1 son living in Oakham and a daughter in Colston Bassett, they are children I had with my first wife, with my 2nd wife I have 3 children a son in Strasbourg another son who lives 300metres from me and a daughter still at home, I live in the Vosges are of France, with a brother in Grantham and a sister in Sherwood

I was born in Bilborough. Went to Oz in 70-72 hitching etc living the lads life. Back to Uk in 72, married in 73 :¬(.

Back to Oz in 74 with wife when Mum Dad and 2 brothers went over there.

Lived there until 87. Son born there in 75,

Daughter born here in 87. She likes to travel South East Asia. She's been to Oz but wasn't impressed.

Son lives in Sneinton and is a sparkie with a big company, no plans to go back to Oz.

Divorced 18 years, ex wife has no plans to return to Oz.

Mum and Dad both died in Oz. Dad back in 81 Mum a few months ago.

Daughter intends heading back to Asia when she's finished her PhD. She reckons she will build a house out there that has an annexe. (YES!!) for whoever want to go out and stay. (Got my name down already).

Brother died in Oz (cirrhosis). Another brother pretty ill (from drink).

I live in Netho atm, but will probably move to Newark in the spring.

Born City Hospital. Lived on Woodborough Road and then Ford Street St. Mary's. My parents did the best thing they ever did and emigrated to Eastwood in 1959 just before my 3rd birthday. been here ever since and it suits me fine. :tanning:

I was born Chatsworth Ave, Carlton

Lived on Hardy's Drive Gedling

" Phoenix Estate Gedling until 1966, married and moved to

West Midlands, Still there.

Two Children and one Grand child all West Midlanders.

I was born in Lenton Abbey, moved to Mapperley when I was 5, lived there till I got married, wife comes from Doncaster, but lived in Gedling when we met, we have lived in Hyson green a short while then Gedling/Carlton till we emigrated in 89.

Have 5 kids, 4 daughters all in oz in W Australia, number one son came to oz when he left the navy but his ex didnt want to leave mummy so they went back to Sussex to live, then divorced so he moved back to Nottm where he still lives.

We have 4 grandkids in UK, one great grandson.

In oz we have 7 grankids all in WA.

We currently travel full time in oz, and have no base, we call home where ever we want to stop or stay in our 30' 5th wheeler, after touring oz we intend to go to the USA and do far north Alaska, Canada and down the West coast then over to the East probably in a motorhome.

Then we would like to do europe in a motorhome including back to the uk for extended travel there.

Nothing written in stone and no real plans as we go whenever and wherever we feel the need at the time.

We both love the nomadic life and never tire of meeting new people seeing new places, we live every day as if it our last. We regularly fly back to Perth to see the kids and grandkids and always visit our uk tribe when there, usually every couple of years.

• Upvote 1

Hi Carni.

You know the name Lowton from Chatsworth.?

Used to know a young bloke called Pete Lowton, in Carlton, him and his girlfriend at the time used to babysit for my wife and I in the 70's.

• Upvote 1