Hi, I'm Dave, born and bred on Highbury Vale. I went to St Marys primary and junior, then to Henry Mellish from 1982 to 1987. Since then I've moved around Nottingham a bit (even living in Lincoln for a couple of years) but now I'm back in Basford. I found this site while I was bored at work the other day and its bringing a lot of childhood and teen memories back!

Hi Strelleymagpie. Welcome and have lots of fun. Bulwell is special to me although (as my name suggests) I am from Bilborough. My dad used to take me shopping in Bulwell when I was a kid. I got my first proper bike from Percy Wards at the Market place. My dad worked at MBC upholsterers on Eastwood Street (off Leonard Street) for a while in the 60s until it closed. Then there were all the great railway locations (I'm a train fanatic).

Now I go regularly to have a chat with my youngest son who has the barber's shop on the corner of Henrietta Street.

• Upvote 1