The fraudsters are about! putting items (motorbikes and cars) on there at bargain buy it now prices, done quite well, usually in a womans name, (the old man's died and left this bonneville or class car in the garage?) and they don't know it's value so underpriced, no doubt some might even "buy it unseen"? but the clever bit is they leave bits out, might not mention if mot'd, or where it is, so you ask via email, next is you get an official looking email with correct headings logo's from a bank saying in my case, £6800 has been transferred! I do not bank with that one, but guess about a one in seven chance I could have? If they got the bank right by coincidence can well imagine someone (in a state of shock!) emailing that "bank" using the official looking address etc in that email and gawd knows where that would lead to! barstewards!

they were removed same day by ebay (yesterday), no I didn't get scammed but did put bid in on a bike, then got a email from a bank say £6800 had been transferred, as mentioned not my bank but if it had been and I replied who knows?

I will keep my eye on that kind of thing, although I never buy or sell anything like cars or motorbikes. I usually sell unwanted tat and keep to pay pal when it comes to money.

have bought a few bikes via ebay, a van and 2 cars inc one I still have, never no trouble or rip off etc, the thing is they are after your email, and I guess assume 1) you have money for lifting, and 2) by clever wording etc get you believing you have been conned, and what's the first thing you do if you think that? contact your bank! and if in Barclay's the email address etc is there in front of you on the "official" headed email that says the money has been transferred, does not ask for passwords, account details etc, guess that comes in their next email? by the way now had 4 emails from "Barclays" have passed all to internetsercurity@barclays.co.uk

I often used to get random emails from random banks, nothing to do with Ebay, telling me there's a problem with my account. As mentioned above I alerted the bank security dept. Never went through the link they sent. I then blocked the sender. This happened for months but not recently. I have either blocked all their various addresses or they have realised I am not going to fall for their scam.

The wider this is understood the better : all banks know about phishing scams, so they simply do not communicate with their customers about account-sensitive matters in this way - NOT EVER. So if you receive emails saying that your account has been suspended, or that x thousand pounds has gone from it, or that you have to go through some online procedure that involves sending your details, they ARE a hoax (not just might be - they ARE). Ignore the information (which is false anyway), do not follow any instructions (which are intended to make you hand over details about yourself) and delete the email. And don't be tempted by silly offers - if they seem too good to be true, then you can be sure that they are too good to be true.

You mean I'm not a billionaire and don't have long lost relatives who died in car accidents in Nigeria....I'm shocked and disappointed now....LOL

Incidently, I have bank accounts with banks I never even knew about...LOL Hope there's summut in them......

Air accidents in my case - usually the commercial attaché to the Cote d'Ivoire embassy in Kuwait. His/their widow/s used to beg me with monotonous regularity to accept a few million, or was it billion, US dollars - ALL I had to do was send my bank details... Ho hum! Yeah, right! I can't think how a country could be so careless with its commercial attachés - all killed in plane crashes. One after another, they were. Half a dozen of them I should think - I lost count.

I got one asking if I was dead in upper case letters because I hadn't replied to a previous scam mail... I answered yes, I've been dead now three years and I'm ghostwriting this reply from an internet cafe.

Many years back when the Nigerian spams first started I used to have fun at their expense...Bet NASA wondered what the hell was going off, as I told the spammers..."This is an automated computer response, do not answer, Capt James T Kirke is on a long term intergallactic space mission to discover new worlds.

If you need to contact him, do it via Mr Spok at NASA HQ's".....

Re the too good to be true, they were just ordinary ebay adverts, with bids on them and the buy it now price was at the lower end of what you would expect to pay, (still in the thousands) I am now beginning to wonder if the adverts and the emails were 2 seperate unrelated scams? say that as asked where one bike could be viewed, the reply via ebay further convinced me it was a scam as the buy it now price included delivery and went on to reassure me all was ok as if I did not like the bike when it arrived I was covered by ebay so could get my money back from them! but if I did want to see the bike it was in Aberdeen!

I recall a scam some years ago where a teenager was selling gibson guitars at around £2000 each, actually used photos of guitars "he had" from the Gibson catalogue! must have "sold" about 12 as when it came to court he admitted getting around £25000, and blowing the lot on cars and holidays in the usa