Carl Froch - Nottingham Boxer

Further to discussions elsewhere, about Nottingham Boxers, I am surprised that Carl Froch has not been mentioned?

Carl is fighting tonite.

Date of birth: 2/7-1977 Division: Super middleweight

Nationality: British Weight:

Residence: Nottingham, England Height:

Promotion: Alias: The Cobra

Manager: Mick Hennessy Status: Active

Coach: Robert McCracken

I am wondering if Carl is the son of Frank Froch. ?

Frank was the doorman in the 80's-90's at the Ariba Club Bottle Lane and the George Hotel.

He usually worked with George (can't remember his last name).

Two really nice guys for doormen too.

Picture: © www.mr-will.co.uk

post-11-1140200941_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boxing is no worse than Motor Racing, National Hunt Racing, Rugby, Winter Sports (skiing, tobogganing and that tiny thing they zoom downhill on ice) Speedway, Motor Cycle Racing, Rallying, Yacht Raci

Well done, Froch, you've ended all the talking with a great knockout victory. I had a full house with all my family and friends, with the drinks flowing, and it was a very noisy house during the fight

Anyway, he's still done us proud,well done Carl.

Posted Images

Well that was a great piece of promotion work by his management, I didn't even know it was on !!!! Whereas the Hayes / Klitchco fight in November has recieved loads

• 6 months later...

Did he fight last night ??? was it on the telly??? did he win???? sorry for all the questions Nick, but I've heard nothing about it over here (If I'd known about it I'd have gone out to watch it!!)

• 1 year later...

Cheers Red , I couldn't find the result , and it wasn't on the telly in my local last night either!

• 6 months later...

Carl Froch v Andre Ward

Froch no injury complaints, no referee moans, no excuses. "I lost tonight fair and square." Pure class as always. Other boxers take note.

Quote from 5live ''There's more Nottingham Forest fans in Atlantic City tonight than Notts fans @ home today !"

Get more results from the past 24 hours

You didn't miss owt , very one sided from the off (In my opinion) In fact I gave up before the end.

• 5 months later...

Really looking forwards to it. The football friendly versus Norway followed by a beer or two then the boxing all washed down with a game of Poker !

I hope Karl puts in a better show than last time out. (And England for that matter ...)

We done Carl , what a show, best fight I've seen in a long, long time. And a fantastic show of support from the Nottingham crowd too.

A fantastic display of pugilism if ever there was one. Now a 3 time world champion. Great for boxing and great for Nottingham too.

bowdown !clapping! !jumping!

Well said, Beefsteak. Your words are identical to what I was about to post. I stated in my previous post that I thought Froch would wear Bute down before stopping him but I never thought that Froch would do it so emphatically. A fantastic night for Froch and a fantastic night for the greatest City on the planet....NOTTINGHAM.

I've just watched 'Ringside' on Sky Sports and Carl Froch and his team were the studio guests. During the programme it was stated that Sugar Ray Leonard, one of boxing's greatest fighters, had said that the Froch/Bute fight was the best he'd ever seen. It seems to be the opinion of everybody whose anybody. My own personal view is that it was a fantastic fight but it's impossible to say any fight was 'the best'.

• 11 months later...

he went to school with my sister, they still speak when crossing paths. he's a lovely bloke, very genuine.

Well done Carl Lad !!

Just back to my room after a great couple of days, and it was really good to see the respect for each other afterwards