Carl Froch - Nottingham Boxer

Carl Froch defeats Mikkel Kessler on points in super-middleweight world title fight at London's 02 Arena

Carl Froch triumphed last night in a thrilling world super-middleweight unification against his nemesis Mikkel Kessler. Redemption is complete, though given the brilliant match of their styles, we may even see a third fight.

Over 12 coruscating rounds, with Froch almost stopping his opponent in the last, the Nottingham fighter added the World Boxing Association title to his International Boxing Federation crown with a unanimous points decision: 118-110, 116-112, 115-113.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boxing is no worse than Motor Racing, National Hunt Racing, Rugby, Winter Sports (skiing, tobogganing and that tiny thing they zoom downhill on ice) Speedway, Motor Cycle Racing, Rallying, Yacht Raci

Well done, Froch, you've ended all the talking with a great knockout victory. I had a full house with all my family and friends, with the drinks flowing, and it was a very noisy house during the fight

Anyway, he's still done us proud,well done Carl.

Posted Images

said i wouldnt pay to watch it on tv,just ordered it,going to make a night of it 2 or 3 sons coming round

Benjamin, my husband's paid to watch it, they told him it was due on at 9.50. He was charged £20 ........ it was only £16 yesterday! Expect I'll watch but I don't care who wins I shall be glad when it's all over as I'm sick of hearing the build-up and the rubbish billing it as the biggest fight since the war (although on Talk Sport today they downgraded that to 'the biggest fight for a long time'

yes lizzie,you sound like Donna my wife,i had to sulk for an hour before she relented and paid the £20 for it,as youve prob. gathered i love boxing and have travelled all over the UK to watch my son who had 100 pro fights,ive met real boxing people and have no time for the football type spectators of today,i really object to the rip off tv companys who pander and profit from it,anyway rant over tell your hubby to enjoy it,and dont forget GROVES IN 10, :)

• Upvote 3

Is it on Radio Nottingham, if so what time? We can pick it up on 103.8 in Lincs.

Smiffy

ive met most of his entourage and they are about as likeable as him,

Well done, Froch, you've ended all the talking with a great knockout victory. I had a full house with all my family and friends, with the drinks flowing, and it was a very noisy house during the fight. I cannot understand how anyone from Nottingham would want a Londoner to win, and get 'Likes' for it but that's their choice. Froch is one of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet and is one of Britains greatest champions. Anyone who wants to dispute this should look at his record. Froch went to school with my son-in-law and still socialize so he was one of the noisiest tonight. Well done, Froch, a great finish to the fight.

• Upvote 6

Michael, I just think that Froch is a big head, maybe having won so many big fights he has a right to be but Groves was so gracious in defeat. I don't know Froch personally but have seen him around town. On one occasion I was in a greeting card shop browsing the cards and he walked in. The 2 ladies behind the counter obviously didn't know who he was (I'd recognised him). He made sure they knew who they were serving by telling them who he was. Anyway, he did well tonight but at his age he can't keep fighting for much longer.

• Upvote 3

ITS a British thing to stand up for the underdog,no matter where hes from,anyway the best man won tonight and good luck to him

• Upvote 4

#45 Despite our differences ref mr Froch Michael glad you had a good social evening with family and friends,our house was very similar,sons and daughter and grandson all came round,wife did nice food with a drink or two,to me thats what lifes about,good humour and lots of banter.mind you none of em offered to contribute to the cost of the fight, :)

• Upvote 3

Son in Law and grandson went. I'm sure they'll not shut up about it for weeks.

• Upvote 1