Carl Froch - Nottingham Boxer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boxing is no worse than Motor Racing, National Hunt Racing, Rugby, Winter Sports (skiing, tobogganing and that tiny thing they zoom downhill on ice) Speedway, Motor Cycle Racing, Rallying, Yacht Raci

Well done, Froch, you've ended all the talking with a great knockout victory. I had a full house with all my family and friends, with the drinks flowing, and it was a very noisy house during the fight

Anyway, he's still done us proud,well done Carl.

Posted Images

It beats me how boxing can be seen as a sport. If you were on the street and came across two thugs trying to beat each other senseless you'd be dismayed at the show of gratuitous violence. So why is boxing an acceptable face of violence and thuggery? If it were introduced today as a new sport it wouldn't have a hope.

So where did I go instead?

I went to see Sister Act at the Theatre Royal and it was fantastic. OK some geezer got shot but I swear I saw him in a later scene as right as rain.

They even got a standing ovation, the last one I saw was in 1996.

All good fun, no-one was injured, no-one was drunk, just a really good time.

You can keep your thuggery (sorry, boxing) I'll stick with the arts.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see the Forest logo on his shorts. Northern boys triumph again.... !!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Good for Froch. A certain amount of arrogance is needed in top class sports otherwise they wouldnt be top class.

I must admit that Froch's punch was one of the most impressive I have seen in more than a decade.

Also, Froch has not sold out from Nottingham. He still feels it is his home. Many would go to the bright lights of London.

• Upvote 2

Have never met or seen Carl Froch, not a fan of violence......but always believed him to be an ambassador for our city, until a friend pointed out his mother was done for benefit fraud and his partner was a stripper !!!!!!...... Is that true ?

Anyway, he's still done us proud,well done Carl.

• Upvote 4

Re # 55

I thought sport was supposed to improve peoples health, not hurt them so bad that they need an ambulance..

By that logic, every rugby player who needed medical attention, after a bad tackle or any cricketer who copped a bad ball or even a runner who found themselves in difficulty on a marathon are not hurt and dont need an ambulance.

So, Froch is a very successful boxer and is from Nottingham. What is there not to like?

Almost certain long term brain damage.

Dementia Pugilistica

Also called "chronic traumatic encephalopathy," this disorder is so common to boxers that it's named after the sport. It's a collection of brain problems that stem from repeated minor to moderate brain trauma over the course of years -- typically more than 10, but sometimes as few as six. Symptoms of dementia pugilistica include memory loss, dementia similar to Alzheimer's disease and motor problems that resemble Parkinson's

Have a look at M.Ali (Cassius Clay)

Have never met or seen Carl Froch, not a fan of violence......but always believed him to be an ambassador for our city, until a friend pointed out his mother was done for benefit fraud and his partner was a stripper !!!!!!...... Is that true ?

I think its totally unfair to judge anyone by the actions of their relatiives, as the bible says, "i am not my brothers keeper"

• Upvote 2

I can't think of any other sport where the aim is to beat your opponent into unconsciousness. Rugby is a rough sport, boxing is unadulterated violence. It should be banned.

Most sports are dangerous, I would'nt want to race a car around a track at 200 mph, climb mountains etc, etc.

I don't see any boxers being dragged in to a boxing ring & being made to fight against their will.

• Upvote 3

Quite right catfan,and what about those rich tw"ts that want to sail round the world and get drowned,then everyone feels sorry for em!

• Upvote 2

I don't, they chose that way of life and knew the dangers of sailing across the Atlantic.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Bilbro lad, boxing is a very violent sport.....so making money from someone's pain, benefit fraud or taking ones clothes off, does not amount to a classy family to represent my city. But it is only here say and one can't choose ones relatives only ones partners .

• Upvote 1

Re #73, it takes two sides, they all know the risks. It's not as though someone has been plucked from the streets and put in a ring.

More freedom please and less of all these oppressive rules & regs introduced by Bliars regime. Let people think for themselves for Gods sake.

• Upvote 3