Carl Froch - Nottingham Boxer

By that logic, every rugby player who needed medical attention, after a bad tackle or any cricketer who copped a bad ball or even a runner who found themselves in difficulty on a marathon are not hurt and dont need an ambulance.

You know what I mean, if you end up hurt in other sports it's accidental or an illegal assault. In most sports it's in the rules that you don't deliberately hurt your opponent. In Boxing it's in the rules that you do deliberately hurt your opponent.

When I was in the St Johns Ambulance, (Hucknall pit branch) we attended a junior boxing match, they wore helmet things to protect their heads. One lad got his nose bust open so bad we took him to the general. His Mam & Sister were crying their eyes out as the Docs tried to stop the bleeding. They were saying "never again will he do boxing!"

I know it's peoples personal choice to Box, perhaps they could use protective headgear like juniors do reduce the head trauma..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boxing is no worse than Motor Racing, National Hunt Racing, Rugby, Winter Sports (skiing, tobogganing and that tiny thing they zoom downhill on ice) Speedway, Motor Cycle Racing, Rallying, Yacht Raci

Well done, Froch, you've ended all the talking with a great knockout victory. I had a full house with all my family and friends, with the drinks flowing, and it was a very noisy house during the fight

Anyway, he's still done us proud,well done Carl.

Posted Images

Boxing is taught and a thug would'nt last long when he came up against a skilled practitioner,he would soon learn respect for the noble art,might make him a better man,

• Upvote 1

I AM TALKING ABOUT in the ring,not cowards with weapons they are thugs

• Upvote 1

nice one ashley,now if you want to start a topic on pub fights choose your weapon,LOL.

Boxing is no worse than Motor Racing, National Hunt Racing, Rugby, Winter Sports (skiing, tobogganing and that tiny thing they zoom downhill on ice) Speedway, Motor Cycle Racing, Rallying, Yacht Racing, hang-gliding, micro lighting, ballooning. It's just that boxing is one on one. Anyway you misery-ar5es, it was a great victory for a Nottingham lad, let's just leave it like that.

• Upvote 6

JUST ONE ,last comment basfordred,(to the tune of the good the bad and the ugly) choose ya pub.LOL.

Have never met or seen Carl Froch, not a fan of violence......but always believed him to be an ambassador for our city, until a friend pointed out his mother was done for benefit fraud and his partner was a stripper !!!!!!...... Is that true ?

It doesn't matter what gossip says about his mother, and his girlfriend is a glamour model. Nothing wrong with that.

• Upvote 1

Funny thing when I was racing most of my injuries were from loading & unloading the equipment.

As a sport I don't have a problem with speed I would go as fast as my wallet would allow, It still is my passion.

I do think rock/Mountain climbers are crazy with no prospects of any $ so they must enjoy doing what they do.

Boxers on the other hand have the incentive of lots of dosh.

There is a lot of money in some sports zero in others & most of the big money you don't need much equipment just your talent.

Beats 9-5 anyday.

• Upvote 3

It's no good listing dangerous sports. List another sport where the sole aim is to beat your opposition unconscious.

Are you all in favour of boxing according to the Olympic rules and regs? If not - why not?

When you see Olympic fencing they don't actually kill each other you know. I guess that's why it is such a minority sport eh?

What a sick society that wants to watch one human batter another to the point of brain damage.

Are you all in favour of boxing according to the Olympic rules and regs? If not - why not?

Is Olympic rules where they have to wear head protection?.... Just out of interest how is the boxer Froch beat? haven't heard if he's dead, maimed or owt else about him

Re #87, he's ok, he was on TV after the fight. He finally admitted what a great boxer Froch was. Well done George.

• Upvote 1

Well if boxing is in the same group as cage fighting and pub brawling - I need say no more.

Oh and BR - do you think that all pro boxing should be run in the same way as Olympic boxing? Head protection, white glove ends and shorter duration? If not - then why not?

Obviously boxing is more organised and skilful than cage fighting. Pub brawling isn't a sport, not in Bulwell it's a way of life LOL

With regard to Olympic rules, I've no real views one way or the other, but if it makes you happy, then yes, I'll say it should.

I'll tell you one thing, my 13 year old grandson went and he's a normal timid 13 yr old and he was right near the front and he said the occasion will be with him for ever. He thoroughly enjoyed it, the whole day, the celebs he saw, the excitement, the atmosphere, obviously the result . He said nothing will ever surpass that, but at only 13, I suspect that something will.

• Upvote 4

You really are a miserable bu66er aren't you. I'm not over keen on boxing so I never watch it on TV. Why don't you just do the same, if you don't like it, ignore it. Life's to short to whittle yourself to a frazzle. Do as my wife tells me. That is "What you can't change, don't worry about," I know it's difficult but give it a go, and lighten up or you may put yourself in an early grave.

• Upvote 1

Nothing to do with being miserable. I simply don't see how anyone can enjoy watching another human beaten up. There's wrestling and Judo that survive without the main aim being to beat your opponent into an early grave.

Anything that mitigates violence in our society, thus making it acceptable to the masses is wrong. Sorry about that, but it just is.

I must be a right miserable old git wanting a less violent and more fun loving society.

According to The Ring magazine approx 2000 professional boxers have died as a direct result of a loss in a specific bout since Queensberry Rules were introduced in 1884 with the worst year being 1953 when 22 died, many others have been maimed inc Michael Watson (confined to a wheelchair) and an opponent of Nigel Benn (total loss of sight)

Re #94 I want a peaceful and fun loving society too. Nothing would please me more, but your worrying won't change anything so give it a rest.

Tomlinson is quite correct. Where money is involved anything seems to be acceptable in this greedy, avaricious and depraved sick society.

• Upvote 3

I worry about dog fighting too, but I guess I shouldn't really as no-one gets dragged to a dog fight.

I should just shut up and mind my own damn business.

I guess I shouldn't vote either, I should join you in the Apathy Party.

I worry about dog fighting too, but I guess I shouldn't really as no-one gets dragged to a dog fight.

Hmm, the difference is the dogs have no choice in the matter, boxers (most of them) do it as their personal choice. Still don't like to think of people being hurt though..

• Upvote 2

I abhor dog fighting too, but in personally can't do anything about .

I abhor animal and child abuse, but i personally can't change things.

I abhor drug abuse , but I can't personally do anything about it.

I loath greedy avaricious people, bone idle parasites, bullies, cruelty, litter, cheats, graffiti, vandalism etc, but I'm certainly not apathetic as I donate to charities who CAN do something positive.

Apathetic ! No way, but I don't let it ruin my life and end up with a stroke or worse.

Make a cuppa and relax, sit outside and listen to the birds.

I don't want to see your name in the obituary column.

• Upvote 2