• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bag of eyes best thing I have ever brought from PoundLand - Hours of fun   

I can remember when you could go in a shop with 50 pence & come out with 6 eggs, pound of sugar, quart of milk, bag of spuds, tube of smarties & a mars bar. You cant do that nowadays - too man

Nice to see a lass with big strong thighs... Could I order 24 Budweiser please?

went into town the other week did the pound99p shops in broardmarsh then up listergate to the new one nothing different but a lot more room then went inti vic centre to find that one closed down apparently they closed for a week before opening upstairs in vic centre was in last sat just to pick up some flowers for a friends 60th went by it but did not have time to stop ifthis weather picks up might try and get into town next weekreally need an our or two out on my own.

I wonder how long they'll be able to keep filling those large shops with just pound items!

Didn't the downstairs Poundworld used to be a Woolworths? It's hard to believe now that all that area beyond the escalators used to be the food court!

Re my post #42 ......it's now online-poundshop wars !

Steve Smiths (ex Poundland) new website opening has been delayed and won't start until Tuesday .

In the meantime, as well as Hearforapound who started last week, another site called Pound Panda has just sprung up http://www.poundpanda.co.uk/

These could be a big threat as tbey are part of a big import house and amongst other things own the 151 brand which you will see in any discount store . In addition they have no minimum order and a delivery charge of 3.95 .

They don't have a branded toiletry offer but if you don't live near a discount store and need some basic household , diy , motor or toy products there are 2000 lines to go for , delivered at less than the cost of petrol and parking .

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The good thing is, these type of shops keep people employed, and a lot of the less well off frequent them.

Whilst sheltering from the rain a while ago, madam and I nipped in one. They had Weightwatchers meals for £1.00 each. Tescos were 2 for £3.00. We came out with a big bag full.

Come on girl, I know you live in Bramcote but you must have heard of Poundshops under various names.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Another Poundworld opening on Milton St opposite Vic Centre. This will be the largest of 'em all.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-s-fourth-Poundworld-biggest-city/story-23861577-detail/story.html

It's not only in the UK. While on holiday earlier this year in Zante I came across a Euro Shop. Tried to google it but for some reason

It has been removed but found this .

• 3 weeks later...

The phenomenal rise of budget stores has to be taken seriously. I go into Poundland for stick-jaw, batteries and photo print paper. The other week we went to the local Aldi to see what it was like. Mrs Chulla did her usual food shop and then compared the prices with her last Sainsbury bill. Taking like-for-like at same amounts and weights, but not same brands in all cases; for 12 or just over items the saving was over five pounds. We are talking serious money here.

Is there any wonder that all of the big supermarkets are making losses. Store closures are next on the agenda. Tesco has completed the build of two new stores, but is not going to open them. I read that B&Q and Homebase are going to close one in four of their stores. As the song says - Times, they are a changing.